"I thought we talked about your disobedience." King Archer said as he entered.

His voice was calm and that scared me more than if he had yelled at me, but I remained still, looking at the sunset. It painted the sky beautiful shades of pink and purple and I wished I could be in the garden, watching the sun slowly descend as the air got colder. I had always loved that time of day, even as a slave.

"We have discussed it." I agreed.

I knew the pain that would be coming. But I also knew that part of me had loved what he had done the last time. And I knew that he enjoyed it to some degree as well. He had a just as hard of a time controlling himself as I had controlling myself. And that was why I refused dinner, to see if he had more control now then he had had before. I wanted to know if he wanted me just as much as I wanted him and if my drunken escapade had really broken down some of his resistance.

The king didn't bother replying to me. He just unlaced my corset and let if fall down my body in a heap. I didn't try to save my modesty in the thin dressing gown, I just turned around to face him, letting him see my figure underneath the sheer material and his gaze travelled from my face, down my neck, over my erect nipples, all the way to my legs. His expression didn't change but I saw his breathing rate increase and that satisfied me.

"Why didn't you come and have dinner with me?" he asked, but his attention was not back on my face yet.

"Does it matter?" I challenged.

"If you have a reason I feel is valid I will not punish you. Now what is it? Are you feeling unwell?"

"No, I feel fine."

"Then what?"

"I simply didn't want to have dinner with you." I replied hotly, testing him.

The king assessed me once more, but I saw a look of determination cross his face and that worried me. I wanted him to be mad, just enough that he would feel like he had to express his dominance over me. And I wanted to see untamable lust, the same lust I felt in my heart, it was the one emotion we shared when dealing with each other. I wasn't expecting resolve.

"Clearly my previous tactics didn't have the intended effect on you." He murmured. "I think I'm going to have to try something different tonight."

"No." I whispered, becoming worried. This was not what I had planned.

"No? You didn't seem too concerned before, why are you worried now?" he taunted. "Did you want me to punish you just as I had before?"

I stayed silent and clenched my hands to conceal the small tremors that affected my hands and arms. I had done this, I had purposely defied the king and tried to rile him up. I had to face my punishment like a brave queen. Even if I wanted to drop to my knees and beg for forgiveness, or at least for the previous punishment instead of the one he was conjuring up now.

"Take off your slip." The king ordered sternly, taking a step back.

I hesitated, watching his face to gauge his seriousness.

"Don't make this worse on yourself, Willow. Do as you're told."

I peeled off my slip with a level of obedience that seemed to please King Archer. My body was completely naked in the dying light and it was the first time the king would be able to see me. All of me. The previous time I had been naked with him I had been in complete darkness and the first time he had punished me my slip had covered a fair portion of my body. This was new. I could feel my chest heaving with every breath and King Archer's eyes watched my breasts move with my chest as I shivered.