My Life For Theirs

Start from the beginning

Jin quickly hushes me down. "It's alright, Elle. I'll explain. The seven of us are all Gifted. That means we each have an ability different from another— the thing that puts us apart."

"For example, Hoseok can see glimpses of the future. He doesn't choose when he sees them, but when he does, it can be crucial. Do you remember when you and Jungkook were battling against that gardenia seeker? We were able to get to you faster because he warned us that something bad had happened to you guys."

And then he points at Jimin, who waves shyly as he smiles. "Jimin has the tracker ability. He was the one to tell Tae that you guys were right outside the cafe that day."

I remembered— he'd also been able to track Jungkook the night he'd disappeared up to the point of the forests.

"Taehyung is a telekinetic. That means he can move things with his mind only— no touching necessary."

After that, Jin looks a bit hesitant as he points at Namjoon. "And that guy.... he can read minds."

At that, my lips part as I struggle to think about the most irrelevant things. "So he's been reading my mind all a—"

"No, no." Namjoon says quickly, waving his hands in denial. "I haven't looked at your mind not once, I promise. I learned how to block out minds so I couldn't read them— the only times I can is when I want to. And I haven't read yours."

That puts a little more relief in my mind as I look for the mint-haired vampire. It was his turn— and he was absolutely nowhere to be seen.

"Boo."

A startled scream erupts from my lips the same time crazed laughter explodes from my right, making me grit my teeth as Yoongi materializes out of the air.

Jin sighs. "And as you can see, Yoongi can turn invisible. Yoongi, shut up and stop laughing."

I stick out a tongue at the giggling vampire before I turn back and poke at the guilty-looking maknae.

"And you?" I ask curiously. "What can you do?"

When Jungkook fidgets, Jin laughs. "You've already seen his ability, Elle. Maybe more than once. But I'm sure you've seen it at least one time."

"What?" I exclaim as I think over my memories. "No I haven't. What are you talking about?"

Then out of the blue, Jungkook's soft voice cuts in.

"You have." He tells me, avoiding my eyes as he continues. "Aggression is my ability, Elle. If I get really angry, I grow faster, stronger. More powerful— but blinded with bloodlust."

Oh.

Now that he's told me, I remember. His silver blue eyes, clouded with a storm of murder and a crave for death and blood. If I hadn't snapped him out that day, what could've happened?

Would he have ripped the other vampire to pieces?

I put a comforting hand over his as Jin finishes with his ability.

"And I can tell what other vampires' abilities are." He says, giving Yoongi a killer glare when he snorts lamely. "For that, Yoongi, you're doing dishes for the next month."

Ignoring the vampire's look of utter disbelief, Jin suddenly looks to Hoseok. His expression looks faraway— like he's in a daydream of some kind— before his eyes eventually come back into focus.

"What did you see?"

Hoseok shakes his head for a moment before he turns a pair of mystified eyes onto Jin.

"I don't know. But it's definitely a good idea to keep Jungkook here with Elle. Someone has to be with her tonight— that I'm sure."

Everyone falls into silence as Jungkook quietly tells Jimin about the general directions toward the arena, his voice full of worry and concern for the others.

He had come back battered and with a bullet wound in his shoulder, and it scared me to death knowing that something even worse than that could happen to the six standing in front of me.

Each of them, no matter how annoying and frustrating they could be sometimes, were someone I considered my family, my friends.

I'd easily give my life for any one of them.