Make Yourself Known

Start from the beginning

     How long is Papyrus going to keep on talking to us about pasta? Chara complained. We've got tons of cleaning to do because of him!

     "Do try to finish these ones before dinner." He hurries off before I could say anything.

     We go our separate ways as Papyrus and I hurry off to work. If there's one thing that bothers me most, it's being left in the dark when wanting to know what Papyrus and Sans do as their job; I've given up asking them what it is they do because both of them always give me a vague answer every time.

     "I know that knowing everything that goes on in a mafia could be dangerous but I deserve to know what goes on behind my back if I'm going to live with them." I mumble quietly.

     It's for your own good (y/n), if Sans and Papyrus told you everything that goes on around here and you got kidnapped by Infernum, they would torture the hell of out of you to get all that information.

     "It wouldn't matter if I knew anything or not, Infernum would kill me for my soul and yours if they got the chance."

     Who ever said they would be taking my soul?

     "Are you planning on leaving me if I ever get captured? I bet you don't even know how to leave my body." I sneer.

     Chara laughs at my response.

     Nice try (y/n), in case you haven't forgotten, I can read your mind and your pitiful attempt to get rid of me by using Gaster is not going to work. He hates you, remember?

     "Gaster doesn't hate me, you're the one he hates. You were the one that called him a freak, not me."

     The hand I was holding the feather duster suddenly jolted and thrown across the room, knocking a vase down but thankfully it didn't break. 

     (Y/n) how could you! You shouldn't act out in anger like that. Chara gasps, pretending to act shocked.

     As time went by, Chara began to drag out the chores by purposefully making sudden moves with my arms and legs, causing me to drop things and trip from my own feet. She even had the nerve to do it in front of the other maids and earning the nickname 'Klutz' in the process. The maids didn't mean it as an insult but saw it as more of a statement by how clumsy I was around them. Chara eventually ran out of energy to cause anymore problems and is the reason I'm tired in the first place. I just need to finish cleaning one last room and groaned as I realized that that one last room to clean was the library. The library in the mansion is enormous and despite its beauty, it's hard to revel in it with the overhanging reminder that I'm the one that has to clean it. I push the large doors open as I carried all the cleaning supplies I could.

     The library was hardly used. Dust seemed to cover the entire place, more specifically the books themselves. The library was made to look like in was in the Victorian Age with the tall bookshelves and moving latter attached to them to look at the books that were higher up. The room itself didn't look so bad—that is until I opened the large drapes covering the window that showered me with dust. I brush the dust off my dress, sneezing in the process; everywhere the light touched revealed dust floating all around in the air.

     "Well, I might as well start with the books first." I sigh.

     I decided that it would be easier to start dusting at the top of the shelves and work my way down so that way any dust that fell from the top that landed on the bottom shelves would soon be swept away. As I went up the creaky latter, I noticed that the books got older and dustier the higher I climbed. I occasionally got distracted and looked through some of the books, they all seemed to be about how monsters can harness magic within them and use it for battles. I eventually had to stop looking at books once I realized how much time I took to read more than cleaning the books themselves.