She shifted uncomfortably and nodded. "Okay...Can you not tell anyone else about what you know?"

"I fucking should. That's exactly what you did to Dahlia, isn't it?!" I spat. She looked down and squeezed her eyes shut. I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her. "I'd never do that to you or anyone else. That's the kind of shit you don't bring up no matter how much you fucking hate someone. You didn't deserve to be abused by him and you don't deserve to have your business put out there like that. I wouldn't do that to you."

"Thank you, Billie."

"Shut the fuck up and get her ass up."

I waited for Kai to pick Valerie up again and then leaned against the side of the door frame, banging my fist on the door until someone finally answered. Judging by Kai's facial expression, I'm guessing her uncle was the one who'd answered. Good.

"What the hell happened to her?" He questioned angrily, nearly snatching her out of Kai's hands. Kai just looked down and scooted closer to me.

"We'll explain that when we get inside," I told him. His eyes drifted over to me and he frowned. "Who the fuck are you?"

"You don't catch on fast, do you? All that will be explained when we get inside." I grabbed Kai's hand and pushed past him quickly. He protested for a few moments before I heard the door slam shut.

I glanced around the dingy little living room and let out a small laugh. Valerie really left a good ass man, three kids, and a gorgeous house just to live in this dump, huh? Stupid.

I turned around just in time to see the man throwing Valerie on the biggest couch they had. "Fucking explain what the hell happened to her!" He demanded.

"You're not gonna offer us a drink first?" I tilted my head.

"You have two seconds to explain before I call the cops." He spat.

"I'm expected to believe that you're gonna call the cops out here?" I chuckled. "I've been here two seconds and I've already spotted three different types of drugs. Let's see, we've got cocaine under the magazines on the coffee table, weed on the kitchen table, and...Yikes. Looks like crystal meth in that baggy sticking out from under the couch cushion, doesn't it?" I turned to look at Kai and she stayed quiet.

"Well, it's not like it's mine." He mumbled.

"Well, it's not like it matters." I mocked. "I didn't beat your girlfriend up myself, anyway. Her daughter did. Dahlia."

"Dahlia?" He questioned. "Isn't that that dyke Kai was fucking with a while back?"

"That's the one!" I grinned. "She's my girlfriend, actually."

"You're a dyke too?" He questioned in disgust, lighting a cigarette.

"Yeah, we're all a bunch of gays." I sighed blissfully. "You've had pussy before, I'm sure you can understand why I like it."

"You've got me there," He chuckled. I bit my cheek, my face reddening as I tried to hide my anger. This guy is scum. Disgusting fucking scum. I hate talking to him, but I've gotta play it cool if I want this to go right. "Why are you here if your girl is the one who beat her up?" He asked before taking a seat and then patting the spot next to him. "Come." He ordered Kai.