the field

eleven's p.o.v

i exit the woods and i see my destination: the school.

i make my way across the road and to the bike rack.

y/n's bike.

i touch the handle as nostalgia fills me.

i miss her so much. it's nearly been a whole year and it pains me to know that she's so close, yet so far.

i let go of it and make my way to find the girl who has taken over my life.

y/n's p.o.v

"east is clear. no sign of dart." mike says through the walkie-talkie.

"we should split up, cover more ground. i'll go to the gym, you go to the cafeteria." i say to mike.

"okay, just stay safe." he says kissing my cheek before running left as i run forward.

"where'd you go, you little bastard?" i say out loud.

eleven's p.o.v

i speed walk through the hallways, before turning left and then turning right.

i need to find her.

i have to.

y/n's p.o.v

"west is clear, too. will?" i hear dustin say through the supercomm.

"south is clear. lucas?" will responds. "anything?"

"nothing here, man." lucas says. "mike?"

"nothing in the cafeteria." mike sighs. "y/n?"

"i've just entered the gym, i'll keep you updated." i answer.

i see the side door swing open.

"dart?" i mutter to myself.

i walk into the boys changing room slowly.

i grab a mop that's leaning against the wall as a weapon, just in case he attacks.

i hear stuff moving around.

i'm definitely not alone.

i jump around the corner, ready to attack.

"y/n? what the hell are you doing?" max asks me.

"sorry 'bout that, max, i thought you may have been dart." i answer honestly.

"well, i haven't found him in here." max responds.

"well, at least we tried. we should go home, this is biting into our sleepover time." i say walking out of the boys locker room with max following behind me.

"why does mike hate me so much?" she asks half sad, half annoyed.

"he doesn't hate you, he doesn't even know you." i answer.

"he doesn't want me in the party though." she responds.

"correct." i say.

"why not?" she asks, holding onto my hand, making me stop from walking away.

"he isn't ready for another party member." i announce. "i'm our rogue, mike's our paladin, will's our cleric, dustin's our bard, lucas is our ranger, and el is our mage."

"el?" she asks angrily. "who's el?"

"someone. no one." i say sadly.

"someone or no one?" max asks disheartened.

"she was in our party a long time ago. she moved away, okay?" i say frustrated.

"she was a mage?" max asks riding on her skateboard around the gym. "well, what could she do? like, magic tricks or something? well, i could be your zoomer."