5. The night tour

Start from the beginning

"Alright I'm thinking an hour? Enough time to show face, meet some people. I'm sure a lot of marketing people and investors will be there. Have a drink or two, get some food and leave" Dakari states with a clear plan of how things will be and I nod.

I valued her friendship... scratch that i valued her as a person. She wasn't the most emotionally driven person like I was. She was the logic, the planner dont get me wrong she loved to have fun and was as crazy as the next new yorker but i truly felt like she was the yin to my yang at times.

"What would I do without you?" I grin widely at her feeling the weight on my shoulders lift slightly.

"Die" she jokes as the elevator dings and the doors open revealing a nicely decorated room full of well dressed people, drinks and food.

Walking in I begin to feel eyes on me and feel a smirk rise on my face. I was a bad bitch... still am a bad bitch actually i am THAT bitch. I had nothing to be anxious about.

There was r&b music playing but soft enough people could talk over it and still hear another without yelling, a few hostess carrying flutes of champagne, finger foods and what looked like mini chocolate cupcakes.

"Ooh alcohol!" Dakaris voice rings in my ears before I watch her take off and I'm suddenly left alone... in the middle of the floor.

Before I can actually wallow in it for long a familiar face jumps onto the counter holding a flute but it looks like it has something other than champagne, something darker.

"Ladies & gentlemen if i can have your atten— AYE! So yall gon act like yall dont see my fine ass up here? Mmcht." He yells out running a hand over his buttoned up blazer and it looks like he's not wearing a shirt underneath.

"Oh my fucking— who gave him alcohol" i hear in that deep voice and im met with none other then kai. He looks absolutely edible. His beard had a nice trip, a fresh haircut the suit he had was crisp and wrinkle free conforming to his muscular body the earing in his ear glistening and sweet jesus that cologne.

"I take your silent stare as a compliment, it's nice to see you too gorgeous" he grins looking down at me. I go to say something but I'm lost for words cause God hand made this man it took him 7 days to make the world and it must've taken him 8 to make kai cause chileeeeeee.

"Now even though I'm a man of many words, suave, a slick tongue pun intended, I'll keep it short and sweet. Kai i've been by your side since we were 4 when that raggedy lint licker knocked down my lego tower and you helped me build a new one. Bigger better and badder we've been doing this shit since sandbox days so these blessing you getting, deals your signing, and mark that you're making trust me when i say you're made for this bro. Im proud my guy..." the lanky man speaks holding up his cup in a cheer. "Congrats"

Kai laughs and shakes his head as everyone follows toasting to his accomplishment.

"Angel" I hear him shout, keeping direct eye contact with me before hopping down making sure to not spill a sip of his drink and running over to me.

"What are you doing here? Doesn't matter I knew the Gods would find a way to bring you back to me, looking beautiful as ever" he grins the smell of alcohol equally as strong as his cologne though before I can say anything Kai clears his throat.

"My guy i'm working here back up i can't do what i need to do with you breathing down my neck" he huffs at Kai who looks equally confused, amused and a slight twinge of anger. The little vein in his jaw ticks when he clenches his teeth and I could feel a twinge between my legs.