Catalogue Entry #346

Blue Nightblossom
(Delphinium hyacinthum nocte)
The Blue Nightblossom is a small blue flower that populates all or most mapped regions. Some know it by other names, like the Sky High Flower, or the Life Blossom because of its medicinal and recreational drug properties.

Origin:
A distinct lack of fossil findings of the flower lead some Government specialists to believe that it did not exist before the Great Darkness. In fact, some believe that the existence of the Blue Nightblossom was caused by the Great Darkness. Some theorize that it grows out of small, detached sections of The Cause, while others believe that it may have been sent to earth by an alien race looking to preserve the human population and most likely trade deals.

Uses & Properties:
Whatever its origin, the Delphinium Hyacinthum Nocte's properties cannot be overlooked. If eaten straight, it can act as a semi-potent painkiller.

For recreational use, it is often cultivated by underground societies and mixed into a blue, watery substance. This liquid, when pressed correctly and subsequently ingested, produces a short-lived (one-to-two-hour long) but very potent high that is described by Government specialists as pure euphoria. Heightened sex drive and sense of taste are possibly side effects, but this could be due simply to the type of venue at which it is widely consumed.

However, even with the issue of reckless and possibly homosexual behaviour caused when ingested in that form, the Blue Nightblossom also has useful and very important properties. If the flower is sanitarily pressed and boiled down for months, it becomes a clear blue, almost syrup-like consistency and has a slim—but very real—chance of restoring an animal or human's life force. Said formula can be taken in any form (ingestion, skin absorption, etc).

Significance:
It is because of its aforementioned lifesaving property that the Blue Nightblossom is seen as a sign of life and rebirth, and is often placed on graves and in/on memorials.
Though it may have meaningful significance in this sense, the underground homosexual community has often claimed and used it as a subtle reference to what they deem "love". If a man or woman is gifted a Blue Nightblossom from someone of the same sex, such action supposedly means that the giver feels attracted to the receiver.*

*if you believe you have come into contact with a homosexual, please report them to your Government officials immediately.