2 - Lord Fuse

"Fusion Dexter," bellowed the conqueror. 

A green-skinned humanoid with glowing red glasses and dark hair emerged from the shadows, replying in a distorted, yet heavily accented masculine voice. "Yes, my lord?"

"You understand my plan, correct? You are to upload my recording into his pod as he's headed to Earth. His memories are incomplete, and they will stay that way. You know just as much as I do that failure isn't tolerated, not even from my own children," Fuse continued.

"Oh? Of course, I understand that." Fusion Dexter responded, tilting his head slightly as he twirled the green tinted wrench in his right hand. A hologram appeared, displaying a series of events before the fusion tapped a button on his wrench. A whirring sound entered the hall and a silver space-pod floated towards the two, landing with a thud at their feet. "Just let me know when you're ready to record it, and I'll upload it."

There was a brief moment of silence before a nod came from Fuse, indicating that he was ready. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"So... Might I ask why you're choosing now of all times to exile him?" Fusion Dexter asked. "Well, you're getting him killed, but you know what I mean."

"This is one mission I won't allow to be sabotaged. Earth is a necessity for our plan. A malfunctioning pod will be perfect, and to ensure his demise, I'll be guaranteeing it with my own power as well..."

"Hm... And in the off chance that he survives? He's your child, and you're using him to show the legion that failure isn't to be tolerated. However," Fusion Dexter placed a finger to his chin and smirked. "I just can't shake the feeling that despite all of this stuff you're doing, you still care for him as your own child."

Fuse narrowed his crimson orbs towards the fusion, offering a hollow chuckle. "As always, Fusion Dexter, you are correct. Yes, it pains me greatly to do this to my child, but it is necessary for my plans. His own essence will be added to Earth's, and this ensures our breach through the Forge." 

"Jeesh..." Fusion Dexter muttered, rolling his eyes and making his way to the hall. "I'm glad that you're technically not my dad. If that's all, I'll be going now. Keheheh..."

The fusion twirled his wrench and holstered it. The pod floated away and Fusion Dexter offered a bow to Lord Fuse before making his way out.

Fuse watched this, before turning towards his throne, closing his eyes and sighing. 

"I'm sorry, child. I truly am... But you've failed me once, and I cannot risk this again,"