"Its just really good fake blood."

I backed away from the door as blood pooled out of the doorhandle hole and onto the floor. The pooling blood slowly made its way towards Vegard and I where we stood, even though we'd both begun to back up and away from it. I shot Vegard a look, silently asking him if he still thought I was a wuss or not. Either way, I was getting the fucking hell out of here!

"Do you really want to fucking stay in here?" I asked as I gestured to the blood that had now reached my shoes. The stench of blood was overwhelming almost, it was like I had put severel pennies on my tongue.

Vegard rolled his eyes and made a 'pfft' sound. "Please," he replied sarcastically. "Its just really good fake blood." He's either stupid, or he's in denial. The look in his eyes affirmed the latter and I sighed once again.

"Lets get out of here." I offered again and he shrugged, a smirk still on his lips.

We walked around the pool of blood and out the way we came, back into the hallway. I took a moment to look around, deciding which way to go. One way held more rooms, but ultimately ended in what looked to be a stair case heading downstairs. The other way looked like it wound around and I wasn't sure where it headed.

The choice of which way to go, was decided for us as I heard the pitter-patter of little feet running up the stairs that were down the hall, accompanied by children's laughter. Usually the laughter of children was a happy thing, however, this sent chills down my spine, and caused the hair on my arms and the back of my neck to stand up. There was nothing natural about that laughter. Slowly the door to the basement began to creak open and I grabbed Vegard's arm and without much thought, I pulled him along as I began running away.

The sound of our footsteps echoed loudly through the darkened halls and our breath came in uneven huffs. Due to the darkness in the asylum, we bumped into walls and other discarded, random items as we went. I could hear the child's laugh resounding towards us from behind, and it was slowly gaining on us. We took a left turn and ran into what looked to be a large sitting room. We slammed the doors shut and barred them, just as a banging noise started on the other side of the doors.

"Come out and play!" The little voice screamed. After a few minutes, the banging stopped and we then heard, "COME AND PLAY WITH US IN HELL." The child's voice slowly became lower in pitch and very demonic sounding.

We kept the door barred and shut until it seemed to go away. After that, I swung the flashlight's beam around the room, taking it in. In one corner was what looked to be an old grand piano, and-- Holy shit! Was that? No, please, no...

I slowly walked closer to the piano and almost puked. The lid was open to where the strings were, and inside was what looked to be the fresh body of someone who I swore I had seen earlier with the crew.

What the hell had we gotten ourselves into?!