Meeting Eraser Head

Both of them were problem children.

But could Aizawa blame them?

No. 

Shinsou groggily opened his eyes.

He had never, ever, once in his life, gotten a proper night's sleep, for as long as he could remember. Insomnia. Nightmares of him ordering people by accident to do something he woulf regret, being rejected and thrown away and pushed away and kicked aside.

He closed his eyes and nuzzled his face into the person lying beside him.

Wait.

Someone was sleeping on the same bed as he was?

Shinsou's eyes snapped open as he strained to look at the person who had their arms wrapped around him.

He had freckles and a mop of green hair. The same person that had comforted him about his quirk, trusted him with the secret that he was quirkless. Stayed with him when Shinsou didn't want him to leave.

What had happened was real. It wasn't a dream.

He had been accepted by someone. He wasn't a villain. Someone genuinely liked him for who he was and embraced him despite his quirk.

That feeling, of finally being loved and cared about by someone, left a really nice and warm feeling in Shinsou's chest. He closed his eyes, and let the feeling seep through his entire being. He knew he shouldn't be complacent. One day, he was just going go be push away again, left alone again.

And it would hurt all the more.

Life was like that. It was unfair.

But Shinsou couldn't stop himself from relishing in that feeling that someone cared about him. He squirmed a bit, making himself more comfortable, and Midoriya groaned, shifting slightly, and hugged Shinsou tighter to his chest.

Yep.

Shinsou was very completely much addicted to the feeling of being cared about. He loved it. Absolutely loved it.

It took some time before Midoriya woke up, and he gently ruffled Shinsou's hair, "Hey, Shinsou. You doing okay over here?"

Shinsou nodded. He was not used to speaking, but he was glad he would be able to speak did he really need it.

"Ah. You two are awake. Good." Shuzenji said.

Midoriya and Shinsou whirled to face the Youthful Heroine, and Shinsou just pressed himself against Midoriya. He knew her. She was the one that wanted him to get out from under the bed.

Midoriya shielded him from her, until he realised who he was talking to.

"Wait! Aren't you Recovery Girl!? The Youthful Heroine!? Don't you work in UA!? Wait we're in UA!?" Midoriya yelped.

"Midoriya! You're awake!" A pink haired girl popped into the infirmary.

Midoriya blinked at her blankly.

"Oh. You don't know who I am. I'm Ashido Mina!" She gave him a victory sign, before she turned to Shuzenji, "Aizawa-sensei said he wanted Midoriya and Shinsou to come to class if they were awake."

Shuzenji nodded. "They're both doing well. Just don't push them too much."

"Great! Come on!" Ashido grinned.

Midoriya hesitant stood up. If he was in UA, then the student should be fine, right? He made a move to carry Shinsou off the bed, but Shinsou whined and insisted that he did it himself. He wasn't that useless. Shinsou did appreciate the pampering though, and did cling to Midoriya's hand though, as they followed Ashido.