S2 Chapter 6

Tohru hurried across the floor to grab a couple rice balls for the incoming guests in excitement. It was time for the cultural festival and the entire school was decked out in various decorations for the event.

The girls idea of a rice ball stand was overwhelmly popular with the students and hopefully the guests as well would be especially pleased by the booth. It was almost time for them to open the gates afterall.

Tohru pointed to the banner next to her and called out to Aria who was carefully putting out the food on small plates. "Aria, could I maybe get a hand with this sign?"

Nodding her head, she picked up the other end and helped the girl with the task, to the delight of her other classmates.

When they were done, Aria clapped her hands in approval. You really outdid yourself Tohru. This looks really good.

But of course, the human girl just remained flustered. "Oh no, I didn't do anything. But thank you so much."

Aria just smiled to herself at Tohru's sweet innocence when a voice echoed behind her. It was rather unfamiliar. "Excuse me, could I talk to you for a minute?"

Turning around she found a group of a dozen boys and girls circling around her, holding something behind their backs. "Umm we all have been talking and we were wondering if you would please wear this today for the cultural festival!"

They pulled the object from behind their backs and she realized it was a light pink, frilly dress, complete with bows and ruffles. Totally not her taste in the slightest.

Pushing the object to her, the boys pleaded. "We all think you would really good in this, and it would boost our sales so please, for the fate of our class, consider it Aria!"

Aria put her hands up nervously and noticed something concerning about the dress. It was a open back which meant that it would be impossible to hide her scars from them. She would have to turn them down.

Trying to give her best heart melting smile, she replied. You all are really sweet, but I don't think I can. I'm sorry.

But the classmates pushed her further, so much so that Yuki started to take notice. He knew exactly why she was trying to turn them down. "Please Aria! Consider it."

Growing more uncomfortable, Yuki sighed to himself and stepped in front of the the crowds, shielding her from the large group of people. "I know I'm not Aria, but if it will make you happy, I could wear the dress for the festival. That is, if you are alright with it?"

The crowds gasped in amazement, pushing Aria out of the way in a second and directing all of their attention on the prince. "Yes please, Prince Yuki! I know you will look just as or even more stunning!"

The Prince looked rather sullen as they pushed the dress into his hands and when they were gone he abruptly turned to Aria and glared. "You owe me for this."

Widening her eyes, she realized that he had agreed to this terrible idea for her. He was putting himself through hours of embarrassment and torture for her. It was really touching to say the least.

She put a hand on his shoulder at his words and leaned close so that only him could hear the response. "Thank you. Your sacrifice is so noble."

The air on his ear caused him to blush slightly, pushing her away in his own embarrassment. "Get off of me and go help the others."

Aria just smiled at that, patting his shoulder twice before turning back, a hand in a air for acceptance.

Kyo watched their altercation with narrowed eyes, not wanting to be petty but still feeling a little swirl of jealousy in his chest. Why did she have to be so close to him? He didn't like it.