2: First Battle . . . Against Mario?!

------------------------------------------Chapter Start------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Perspective

Today I was told that I have to go fight, someone, and to show off my moveset to everyone. It helps that the other newcomers have to do it too. I also met Luigi, Ridley and Piranha Plant and today. I wonder who they will let into smash next?

You: I-I'm supposed to fight someone?! But it's just my second day here!

Corrin was the one to tell me I had to go up against someone.

Corrin: I know, I know. I'm sure you'll do fine. Now go knock em out of the park.

She patted me on the back a little too forcefully causing me to fall down.

Corrin: Oops! Sorry! Good luck by the way!

She walks away as I pick myself up and dust myself before walking onto the teleporter which warps to the battlefield, Battlefield.

You: Alright! I'm ready to see who I'm going up against. Wonder who it is?  With my luck, it'll probably be Corrin.

Instead behind me, was standing the legendary Mario. The announcer declares the battle has begun.  Oh no.

Mario rushes towards me and attempts to uppercut me into the air and I dodge by narrowly punching causing the two fists to collide. He quickly uses his cape causing me to flip around and then he launches a bunch of fireballs at me. I use Delaware Smash to counter some of the fireballs and go activate full cowling. I Jump in and Go for a kick only for Mario to activate his shield and grab me.

Mario; 0%

Deku: 25%

Mario: So long ey, Deku!

He throws me and is about to use his infamous FORWARD AERIAL. Sorry, where was I again? Oh right. I air dodge out of the way and back onto the stage. I then begin to rapidly jab at him and then I grab him and throw him. He manages to sping back and hits me with another FORWARD AERIAL.

Mario: 35%

Deku: 25%

Mario uses F.L.U.D.D and pushes me back before uses his cape to deflect a Delaware Smash. I use them to distract Mario and then land a Detroit Smash.

Mario: 55%

Deku: 65%

I look down and notice that my final smash meter is full meaning. Its final smash time. I rush forward and knock him into the air. All the past users of One For All rush forward and launch Mario into the air. All Might then launched me into the air and then I activated to use 30% Detroit Smash and kick Mario, sending the red plumber to the blast zone. The announcer declares the game to be over and we are warped back into the waiting room. I walk over to Mario and asked whether he was okay to which he jumped up and said: "he is a fit as a fiddle!". Corrin walks over, grabs my hand and then begins to gush about my battle. 

Corrin: You did amazing! The way you use those air attacks to cancel out attacks. Truly breathtaking!

You: I-It was nothing! I-I-I mean it w-was something.

Corrin: I can't wait to see what else you will be able to do!

I don't really say anything and Corrin takes the hint that she is still holding my hand. SHe lets go with the faintest tint of red on her cheeks.

Corrin: Sorry about that. Oh right, that reminds me. Tomorrow is the team battle. Will you, perhaps . . . Be my partner?

You: S-Sure! I would love to be your partner. 

Corrin: Alright then! I'll see you tomorrow! 

You: Alright then,  see you tomorrow.

-WIth Corrin-

Corrin then went back to her room thinking about the events of today. To be honest, She has a crush on Deku. The cute antics and innocence. Who wouldn't fall for someone like that? She made it back to her room only to notice that Samus and Peach were there. 

Lucina: Oh hey, Corrin. We were just talking about you.

Peach: We wanted to ask . . 

Lucina: Do you have a crush on that newcomer?

Corrin: U-Um maybe?

Peach: Maybe?

Corrin: Alright! I like him a lot!

Samus and Peach looked at each other and then nodded in approval.

Peach: Your secret is safe with us! Oh, and by the way, The two of you look really cute together!

Samus: Agreed. We'll see you tomorrow. 

The two of them left leaving Corrin alone in her thoughts. She began thinking of ways to confess to you but decided to keep the feelings to herself as the Deku only got to know her recently.

-------------------------------------------------------------Chapter End---------------------------------------------------