Chapter 3

Ryan wakes up in an unusual, dark room on a cold cement floor. The atmosphere spells of rotting bodies and old blood. He began shaking. Ryan wasn't sure if he was shaking because of the cold, or the fear which had just risen from deep down inside him. The eerie silence of the room and the constant ticking noise of the broken clock was making him begin to contemplate his relationship with Brendon. Was Brendon planning this all along? How long has Brendon been in a relationship with Josh Dun? If I die, will I be missed? Will anyone find me here? Ryan's head began to ache. His head was throbbing so much, it felt as though it was going to explode. Ryan patted on his back pockets for his phone, his one-way ticket out. It was gone.

Dust began to descend from the ceiling as footsteps thudded on the floor above. Ryan listened closely to the thudding. The footsteps became abrupt, as though someone was quickly going down a staircase. The thudding got louder as the footsteps came closer. There was jingling and knocking noises coming from the heavy, steel door which was obviously meant to keep him in. Ryan intently watched the door as it carefully opened and Brendon walked in with Tyler and Josh behind, like bodyguards. Tyler and Josh both had guns for hands. When Brendon flicked on the light, Ryan then realized that the guns weren't actually replacing their hands, they were holding onto them. Brendon then walked towards the corner of the room and picked up an old dusty stool and brushes his hand over the top off it, making a small dusty cloud in the atmosphere. He places the stool close to Ryan's limp body.

"Hand over the eyeliner," says Brendon abruptly. Ryan jumps. "Hand it over now or I will have to take it myself."

"Okay, Okay." Ryan hesitantly pulls his Waybelline New Jersey 'Black Parade' eyeliner out of his front pocket of his hoodie. Brendon snatches it. The brief moment of contact between Ryan and Brendon made them long for the good old days of Ryden. They could see it in each other's eyes. Both Ryan and Brendon new that this would make whatever Brendon had to do a lot harder.

Brendon pulls out a pocket mirror from his back pocket and begins to apply the eyeliner. Brendon had always been jealous of how much eyeliner had suited Ryan. Brendon then stuck out his thumb and placed it on Ryan's face. He abruptly began to smudge of what was left of his eyeliner. Ryan struggled slightly but then realized it was a bad idea. This mentally hurt Ryan to see Brendon doing this too him. He then began to feel mixed feelings of pain, anger, love and not only a hunger for Cheez whiz but a hunger for his friendship with Brendon.

When Brendon removed his fingers from Ryan's face, Ryan intensely stared at Brendon's face. He could see the anger in his facial expression. Brendon looked back at Ryan and he could see in his eyes the pain and the desire to have him back. Brendon's expression softened as they stared into each other's eyes for what felt like an eternity.

"Oi!" Josh yelled at Brendon, "Get on with it!"

The rage appeared on Brendon's face again, like a mask. He pulled out a large, sharp kitchen knife from underneath the leg of his black pants and held it in position, ready to strike.

"CHEEEEEEEZ WHIZ!" screeched Ryan as he prepared himself for an excruciating feeling in the stomach or chest, or an instant end. Maybe Tyler or Josh would be kind enough to pull a trigger for him. He closed his eyes as Brendon raised the kitchen knife higher. "So long and good night, Ross!" Ryan felt a sharp ache in the head just when the day met the night.