The Second Chapter

The next day woke with a bright sun and no clouds. Charis was able to witness the beauty shining through the shop window, having woken up extra early due to jitters. He was just too excited to be opening the shop.

        He rushed on some light-brown shorts and a bright blue shirt, not bothering to grab a sweater in the middle of spring. He almost forgot to grab his glasses in the rush. He didn't bother taking off his black sneakers as they had finished cleaning and he figured it wouldn't make sense.

       He brought the truck full of the supplies next to the shop entrance and was moving items back and forth all morning, smiling into the breeze as it swept away little bits of his sweat.

        The warmth of the sun started to set in and he was just glad that everything had been moved into the store before it got too humid. Everything left to do was organizing everything and that shouldn't take too long. If everything went well, he could start decorating in no time.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

        The food was set in the kitchen; stacked in the fridge/freezer and blocking the cabinet door from closing fully. The counters were already dirtied again and flour coated a space and more spices covered another.

        Charis got the sudden urge to bake in the new area, far too excited to not and survive the decorating. He pulled out the spice cookies from the oven, placing them gently on the counter and shutting off the oven. He moved to wipe down the counters before hearing his phone buzz several times.

        He wiped the tables quickly and pulled out his phone. Reading a quick 11:29 am on his phone as he clicked it open.

"Totally Gods"

Message Group

Hoe-Nose

Would you like any assistance with the shop today?

Nye-X

Yeah. Anything we can help with?

Geeb-the-Weeb

Oof. I would offer but nah.

1- I lazy.

2- I busy with college work, my dudes.

Cherry-Paris

Just finished setting up all the food and testing some of the stuff.

Baked some cookies to release some energy earlier.

Geeb-the-Weeb

Oh? What type of energy needed releasing?😉

Nye-X

I swear to Satan, I will end you.

Hoe-Nose

Wrong person to ask about that.

He won't understand and I'm not explaining again.

That shit's awkward.

Cherry-Paris

You know...

Anxious energy. Excited for the shop.

What other energy would I have?

Geeb-the-Weeb