The First Chapter

The sun shined down at the store, windows bounced with light. The floor was coated with dirt and dust covered every counter.

        He entered the building with a satisfying sigh. "This is it! Everything I've been working for. All that's left is set up!" He grinned wide, dragging in a broom and dustpan. The large kitchen in the back had been fixed up earlier leaving little work for clean up.

        His phone buzzed. Though, it took a while before anything happened towards it. The awe he felt couldn't be so easily distracted. Then his hand slowly inched into his pocket and clicked the call button.

          "Yo, Charis! You haven't sent the location yet. We're waiting!" The cheery tone through the phone groaned drastically. Another voice muffled through the phone.

        Charis smiled at hearing his friend and, no doubt, his boyfriend interact and want to help out. He quickly pulled the phone away from his ear to type in the location. Listening to his phone buzz with his friends' voices.

"Totally Gods"

Message Group

Cherry-Paris

-click here to see the address-

       "I sent it!" He called into the phone, but the other two still didn't hear. Fussing over who was going to drive to the area.

        A small silence settled over the phone before the call ended with a short "Thanks" from Honos, his boyfriend still nagging.

       Charis chuckled and jumped a bit at the new buzz in his hand.

"Totally Gods"

Message Group

Hoe-Nose

Thx.

If Nyx texts, I'm driving! No discussion!

Nye-X

No, you're not!

Cherry-Paris

See ya!

Geeb-the-Weeb

What's crackalackin', ya dicks

      Charis chuckled and shut off his phone. The broom in his hand seemed to only get heavier as he set out to gather all the dust. The buzzing of his phone was consistent in his pocket, adding a hum to his work.

      The temptation to look at his phone was too much, making him grab it and shut off the sound. Though as he scrolled through his apps a familiar app caught his eye. He clicked it and chose a playlist letting the music flow throughout the empty room.

      The melody bounced off the walls and into his ears causing more bounce in his step. His steps increased with the melody. Bouncing and twirling around the room.

       His voice started to ring out with the music, broom sweeping the floor as a microphone.

       "I got that sunshine in my pocket~ Got that good soul in my feet~ I feel that hot blood in my body when it drops~" He strung out the oohs and sung high. Not worried about the cracks that could be occurring in his voice. The music was loud, blasting through the room, enveloping the scene around him completely.

       The door swung open slowly, making a short sound of the footsteps walking towards him. Small laughs rung out, interrupting the music and Charis's jumping. A small pile of dust sat next to him, collected with all the dust from the dining area.