They said Shaun had rambled on about taking the love of the Chief’s life like Lance took Kelly away from him. His Lawyers were trying to work the insanity plea, but it doesn’t seem to be working since it looked like Shaun had plotted his revenge from day one. Kelly wasn’t going down by himself, and he confessed everything, the plots for the fire and the plans to harm me, all of which he says was Shaun’s idea. It was sad really, and I thanked the good Lord that there was a back draft blaze that caused us to hit the floor, otherwise my brains would have been scattered across that warehouse if I had remained upright. That bastard had meant to kill me and I shuddered all over again at the mere thought.

My bladder decided to make itself known and I blew out a frustrated breath and flipped the blankets off my legs. I know this Nurse was trying her best, but she wasn’t moving fast enough for me. These four walls were becoming claustrophobic and I wanted out. I rocked my upper body as I did an internal assessment and I gave myself the green light to head for the bathroom.

“Don’t even think about it, you little shit. If you fall and break your ass, I don’t know who would burn this place to the ground first, Mama or your man.” Nate’s deep voice had me snapping my head around towards the entrance to my room.

I could feel my bottom lip push put into a pout as I shot him the finger and stood on wobbly knees while I held onto the bed. He rushed to my side and I held my hand up to stop him in his tracks. I was alright; I just needed to find my land legs after lying in bed all night. “Despite what all of you may think, I am not some delicate little flower that is going to shatter at any given moment. I need to strengthen my legs. I need to piss and I needed to bathe dammit, so if you want to help. Help me with that.”

Nate must have seen the determination on my face, because he set the satchel of aromatic food on the bed; he must have been Mommy’s gofer today. Poor Henri, he needed a day off from my mother’s worrying over me. Nate was just about to guide me into the en-suite restroom when Lance came walking through the door.

“You are being naughty again, I see.” He said as he leaned that delicious body of his against the door frame and crossed his arms over his wide barrel chest. The action caused the material of his jacket to stretch and strain across the width of those broad mouth watering shoulders. I couldn’t be sure but from the way Nate’s head snapped up and the flush of color across his cheeks, I am pretty sure that he heard the needy little whimper that bubbled up and out of my throat.

“Alrighty then, your lunch is there. I am going to leave you in the capable hands of your man. See you later Bro.” Nate stated and he didn’t even wait around for my answer before he scuttled around my man and out the door.

I was tittering by the bed when Lance pushed his heavenly body away from the door and sauntered his way across the room and to my side. “Baby, you got to be patient.” He said as he wrapped those long muscular arms around my waist but I tried to ease away from him, three weeks of sponge baths were not my idea of being snuggled up to this heavenly creature.

“I really want a shower; I think the Nurse just gets a kick of trying to see my bits.”I said as he hauled me back against his chest and my poor long neglected prick perked up at the object of its interest standing so close. In my mind’s eye, the little slut was already pulling out those red fuck me heels and stripping out of his clothes.

Lance just kept me tucked under his chin and rubbed his chin in my hair. “Baby, you smell like you and nothing else. There is nothing that would make me not want to lick this delectable little body of yours from head to toe. But if you would feel much more comfortable with a shower let’s see about getting you one.”

My knees wobbled this time, but it wasn’t because of my injuries, it was because of the most wonderful man in the world, and lucky me, he just happens to be mine. He sat me back down on the bed and stripped his jacket off; followed by his dress shirt and tie, and he placed them carefully on the back of the chair.