Chapter 1- Council Meeting

Ettore's POV

"Alessadro!" Affinity says sounding perturbed.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts to the present situation at hand. I was hosting a council meeting of which I was now a member of at my mansion here in Roanoke, Virginia. After the Ultonis has been vanquished I had passed the centuries roaming various parts of Europe before deciding on a change and moving to Virginia in 1902. Every ten years the council meeting was hosted a different council member's home in order to discuss various affairs of the supernatural realm unless an emergency meeting was called prior to the date.

"I'm sorry Affinity. What were you saying?" I ask clearly seeing that she wasn't happy

She gives a deep sigh and looks at me intensely with her emerald green eyes while green pulses of magic flows through the intricate details of her transparent wings. Affinity was queen of the light fae and had ruled with a stern but loving hand.

"We have intel that there may be a radical group of vampires gaining force down in Louisiana, do you know of this?" She responds.

"Yes, it was brought to my attention about two weeks ago. There have been a number of humans turning up dead on the streets of New Orleans, sucked dry with clear vampire bites to the neck. I had sent Certus and a group of my men down to investigate the deaths." I inform her whilst staring into the fire.

"I hope you will deal with them swiftly." Mathios an elder werewolf speaks sipping his wine thoughtfully.

"I will deal with the radicals accordingly Mathios." 

"I don't think there is anything that Alesandro can't handle." A sultry voice purrs moving out of the shadows slowly and deliberately toward my chair.

The voice belonged to Callidora, a female vampire council member. Callidora was 5'9 with long red hair that came down to her waist. She had china white skin, green eyes, voluptuous lips and curves with legs that went on for miles. She showcased her assets well in a skin tight black leather body suit with knee high boots. She somehow always failed to finish zipping the body suit all the way and her breasts looked as if they would pop out at any moment. By any man's standards she was drop dead gorgeous.

Callidora had been trying for at least several centuries to seduce me but I had no interest in her, as I knew she was only after power, as well as the fact that I would never love another after Tiet. Feeling the coolness of her hand caressing my shoulder I snarl at her without so much as a glance in her direction. "Get you're your goddamn hand off of me Callindora."

"Awww. What's the matter Alesandro Ettore? Are you still mourning the loss of Tiet? You know one night with me will make you forget all about her. After all it has been ages." Callindora purrs into my ear.

Her words are enough to ignite the fury within me. No one talked about Tiet as if she were just some past time for me!

"Enough!" I yell. The power radiating off of me is enough to throw her and anyone near me into the walls.

"Callindora!" I hiss flying across the room. Picking her up by the neck I slam her into the wall. "How dare you come into my house and speak in such a manner about Tiet! By the elder vampires, if you so much as utter a foul word about Tiet in my presence again, I will personally be the one to happily drive a stake through that hole that you call a heart!" 

I can see the terror in her eyes but Callidora was not one to admit defeat in front of others of others. She places a hand on my cheek before responding her most seductive voice. "I love it when you play rough!"

I let go of her and walk over to the bar. Before anyone can react I snatch a wooden stake and transport, appearing in front of Callindora, I drive the stake through her chest inches above her heart.