Chapter 1

Chapter 1

"What?!" The new Turnee sat gaping in shock at the two Elites before him, Sear smirked slyly. While Shame's face looked physically pained by the news they just delivered.

The Turnee sputtered for a few more minutes, about how unfair the deal is and how it should have been explained more clearly. Sear studied her nails in boredom, letting them run out of words. Shame, kept rubbing her arms with her hands nervously, hard to believe she was the superior here.

"I know, I know but-" Shame was at a loss as she gropes the air trying to find the right words for it.

"You're fucked," Sear cut in instead, to her partner's annoyance and the Turnees' shock. "There is no 'out'" She makes air quotes sarcastically around the word, "Your soul was taken, and now you have a hollow one. And you run on a clock. The only way to make sure you don't  starve to death is to stick with our ever gracious Lord of Darkness."

"But-but, what about the deal? Aren't I supposed to be stronger, and s-stuff?" The Turnee was stumbling now, Sear merely rolled her eyes.

"You are stronger, and you can shift to a wolf form that is rather large and you get all of the benefits his Lord promised. You just didn't hear the negatives, a mistake all of us," Sear gestured to herself and Shame to punctuate, "have made. Now you just need to deal with it."

She slid a glass across the counter, a silver liquid sloshed inside it. "Now drink."

The Turnee did as he was told, treating the beer sized glass like a shot glass. His shoulders immediately slumped, as his whole body relaxes. "What was that?"

"A soul," She smirked.

He gagged, but there were no remnants of the liquid.

"Congrats," Shame piped out, her awkward nature belying the imposing figure she really was.

"Toodles~" Sear waved her fingers playfully as she popped him out of the bar.

Shame sighed in relief, slumping on a stool "How do you do that so easily?"

Sear laughed, "Extrovert vs. Introvert as the mortals put it."

Shame laughed along with her, "To bad work is the only time we can spend together,"

Sear wiggled her eyebrows playfully at that, Shame merely shoved the implications away, "I'm straight Sear,"

"And a shame that is I say." That earned her a hard shove, she is one of the few beings that didn't die on contact with Shame. "Looks like we have another on the way..." She was cut off by the appearance of the real top ass, Mask; an imposingly towering figure, her movements machine-like as if every move is deliberately decided. "Or we are being graced, by Madame's glorious presence."

A low chuckle came out from behind the pale yellow mask, the golden eyes lighting up for a moment. But it's fleeting as if she didn't put much effort into keeping up emotion, as it was mostly hidden anyway.

"His Lord is requesting your presence Shame," Mask's monotone never failed to raise the goosebumps on Sears' olive tone skin.

"And why didn't he just zap me there?" Shame acts irritated, as a shield falls over her pale features before she flashed herself out.

"Because I need to talk to you," Mask sat rigidly where Shame had been, answering Shame's question to Sear. An odd habit that the group of them have gotten into when one flashed out with a bidding remark.

As she seated herself, a glass filled with the silver liquid sloshed ominously a straw swirling around in the thick contents, no trace of the bartender that must have dropped it off. She ignored it.