Maybe, Just Maybe

When I woke up in the morning I found I was pushed towards the wall at some point and Tyler was now laying down next to me. This is perfectly normal for us because we were practically brother and sister. I slowly got up, trying not to wake him up. When I successfully got myself up I out on my shoes and looked around his room. I finally spotted a piece of scrap paper on his desk and scribbled a note on it.

"hey ty. I have to go home. Family dinner with my dads boss. Bleh. anyway didn't want to wake you up. You looked peaceful :P -Sky(:"

I placed on his nightstand next to his bed. Hopefully he sees it. I walked downstairs and didn't see Tyler's mom so I left. I only lived like two blocks away so it was a far walk. It was about 12 and the sun was shiny brightly on me. It didn't help much that I was wearing a black hoodie. I was to lazy to take it off so it stayed. I was walking passed the park when I saw Eli sitting on a park bench reading a book. I smiled slightly and walked over to him. When I reached the bench I sat down next to him and he looked up from his book. He smiled when he saw me which made me smile bigger.

"so what are you reading?" I asked him. He looked down at his book and then back up at me.

"clockwork angel. it's a pretty good book." I nodded my head. We were silent for a few minutes. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was peaceful. It felt right.

"so where are you going?" he asked.

"oh. I was going home. I had spent the night at Tyler's house."

"oh I see. So would you like to hang out tomorrow night?" I smiled.

"I would love to"

"great, ill pick you up at seven." with that he stood up and smiled. He bent down and kissed my cheek before walking off in what I'm assuming the direction to his house. I sat on the bench smiling while touching the part of my cheek he kissed. I got up a few minutes later and continued walking home. I walked into my house and found David and his best friend Nick asleep on the floor of the living room. I rolled my eyes. I walked over to David and kicked him. He groaned and rolled over on his side. I kicked him again.

"get up! The living room is a mess!" he groaned and sat up.

"what the fuck!"

"I told you to get up! The living room is a mess. Clean it up!"

"whatever." I rolled my eyes again and went upstairs. I lay down on my bed and thought about Eli. He just moved here and I'm talking to him. I don't talk to people that I've gone to school with for years. But talking to Eli just seems right. The words seem to come out easy when I'm with him. My thoughts were interrupted by someone pounding on my door. I knew instantly it was David. I got up and flung my door open.

"what do you want?!"

"the phone is for you. Jeez, someone is cranky." he mumbled the last part as he handed me the phone and walked away. I put the phone to my ear and spoke.

"hello?"

"hey." it was Tyler.

"oh hey, what's up?"

"first, you left your cell here. And second, what's up with you and Eli?"

"I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Nothing is going on between us."

"okay that's a lie and we both know it."

"no its not!"

"yes it is. You actually talked to him. And we both know how big a thing that Is for you."

"so maybe I found him interesting and I wanted to talk to him. It doesn't mean anything."

"so you hanging out with him tomorrow isn't a big deal?"