f i v e.

CHAPTER FIVE: WHEN A STRANGER CALLS.

belle sighed as her lips pressed into her coffee cup, she sat in her kitchen table

belle sighed as her lips pressed into her coffee cup, she sat in her kitchen table. she watch as her dad rafael read the newspaper. "damn it!" rafael exclaimed as his fist connected with the table, he stood up and grabbed his leather jacket before walking out the door, the sound of his motorcycle coming to life made melissa pick up the newspaper.

"you've got to be kidding me!" melissa exclaimed as her eyes scanned through the newspaper, "i'm going to see if you're fathers okay?" she told the two girls before she grabbed her coat and walking out the door.

the two daughters stared at each other confused for a second before belle put down her coffee and reached for the newspaper, "this most recent incident confirms that the real threats is not the black hood but the southside and it's corruptive forces. developer and ex-con hiram lodge boasts his sodale project will revitalise the forsaken neighbourhood," she read out.

rose shook her head before she grabbed her bag and walking out the door to her car, leaving belle in the kitchen with the newspaper in her hand. she thought for a second before she made her way to her car.

_____

jughead had walked out of the building, "nice article your girlfriend's mum wrote." sweet pea called out to him.

"i saw that," jughead spoke, "dilton doiley was stabbed and you jumped him?" he questioned.

"yeah, idiot stabbed himself with his own knife," fangs answered with an eye roll.

"and we didn't jump him. there was a fight. bulldogs versus serpents. see this?" sweet pea mention to his black eye, "boy, andrews gave it to me just before his girlfriend shot a gun into the air."

"what happened?" jughead asked.

"and, of course, northsiders get off scot-free, the rest of us are hauled in by police and get an ear full from rafael." sweet pea pointed out.

"it's payback time," fangs demanded.

"what are you guys talking about?" jughead asked, slightly confused, "what is—? what is that? is that a pipe bomb?"

"fogarty's cousin served in the army. he's gonna build is something." sweet pea addressed.

"we'll do it after hours but it'll shut the riverdale register down for once and for all." fangs informed.

"you think blowing up a building will make things better?" jughead questioned.

"can't get any worse," sweet pea implied.