Chapter 1 Why me?

So this is my first book so sorry if it sucks.  Comment as much as possible! I love to see what you guys think! And I LOVE comments and I try to respond to as many as I can ASAP!!I have a question for everyone.... The cover is from a cover contest a while back. What are your thoughts?

First chapter

Melanie's POV

"Get your fat ass up right now and make me some breakfast!!!" My dad yelled from downstairs.

"Coming!"

I am rushing out my door when I hear him starting to pace, when he paces that means something bad will happen.

My room is at the top of the house. Its not really a room, more like a big closet. I face to the bottom of the stairs where I see my dad in the kitchen.

He looks pissed.

When he starts stalking towards me I get so scared I do the worst thing possible, I run out the door. I know I'm in deep shit because he will be waiting here for me when I get home, and shit! I forgot to make breakfast for the pack, they are going to kill me.

Oh yeah, did I mention I was part of a pack, well I am. My pack's name is the Broken Shadow pack. We are the third most powerful pack in the world. And I am the slave here. Getting abused by my father and having to work my butt off for the pack.

As I was walking I took out my iPod which I had bought with a secret savings that I had been keeping. I love my iPod and was listening to songs all the time. One of my favorite was 'Heartbreak Girl' by 5sos. Right now though I was feeling like listening to 'For the Love of a Daughter' by Demi Lovato.

That song was so beautiful and made me cry and wish that my dad loved me and treated my like his princess.

I was jealous of all the kids with loving fathers that would do anything for them.

I was brought out of my thoughts when someone slaps me, hard, really hard. I fell to the ground on my arm. I had to bite my tongue so I wouldn't scream out in pain.

In my head I said to myself 'why me?'. And when I look to see who had caused me the pain, I saw Jaxon the soon to-be alpha.

The last thing I saw before I blacked out was his fist coming straight at me.