Finding out

Chapter 2

I had to run home because the horse i was ridding spooked and ran off, well we wont be seeing him for sometime, hu?

As soon as i got threw the doors my parents and jacob were sittig around the table eatig breakfast.

"DAD MOUNTAIN LIONS ARE BACK WE HAVE TO GET RID OF THEM!! AND I ALSO SAW A BEAUTIFUL MUSTANG FILLY AND IM GONNA CATCH HER DAD I AM!!" I a little too excitedly said.

"Gracie you will do nothing do i make myself clear nothig at all!"

"But da.."

"Dont you but me young lady do i make myself clear you are not catchig a wild mustang and bringing it back to my ranch, the are parasites, stripping the ground and ma quarter horses wont be pure quarter horse anymore will they? No vermin, parasites thats all they are a nuisance!! She will lead my herd away and we will be broke without our horses!! Do you understand me?"

"Yes sir..."

"Good! Now go muck the stables out with you brother."

"Yes sir."

Me and Jacob grabbed our dirty jackets and walked out to the stables.

"So why did you go so early this morning then?" Jacob asked me.

"I was just out ridding i guess, thinking, you know...."

"Yea i guess so."

"Jaki, can i ask you sommot?"

"Urrr yea sure, whats wrong?"

"Well i don't want you to tell mum and dad about this cause they will hit the roof, but i sort of might not have done my final essay, in 3 hours in class and then an extra 2 hours that was given so i could get it finished but i didnt get it down on paper then, i wrote it all in my head, honest!"

"Oh god well done, don't worry i wont tell mum or dad about this!!"

"Thanks Jaki, your the best!"

"Aww i know!!" And with that i must have given him the biggest hug ever.

As we entered the stables is saw a big butch man with grey hair and glasses looking at the horses.

"Hey old man what you doing here this is our....oh hi Mr G how are you??" I said a little too rudely.

"Well done you clever little shit done it again!!" Jacob whispered to me.

"Im here to talk to you father about business" he said "and if you don't mind i will be on my way." And with that he left.

"Hes now coming out to feed jessie." I shouted as he walked out of the stables. And if your wondering who jessie is, shes our pit bull, shes black with a little white and brown face with 2 green eyes, shes gorgeous!!

Then we started mucking the stalls out.

"Between you and me gracie, you aint the only one keeping secrets from mum and dad." Jacob said.

"Ohh continue" i said interested in what he had to say.

"Well i got offered a job but its in London and i dont know weather or not i should take it because i don't wanna work here all my life, but London, really!!??" I was so thrown back about what he just said that i fell over. Living here on my own with mum and dad, i wouldn't survive!!

"What?" He said

"Its just that-"

"Are you done yet guys??" My dad said as he came barging through the doors.

"Yes sir...." We both replied in sync.

"Well come on then and get your horses, we have a herd to round up."

Once we got cleaned up, we were on the way to the tack room when we bumped into Mr G, again.

"Oh there you are sir, i wanted to find you earliery about horses, im looking for a stunning horse, one that is not quarter horse!!" He said

"Oh well i only do quarters here Mr G but gracie says theres a beautiful black mustang filly living up in the mountains" my father replied.

"Great! You catch the beast and ill give you $1 000 for her if she is as good as you say!!" And with that he jumped in his truck and left. Anger took over me at that point. How dare he! How dare he tell him about my horse!! And at that i lost it.

"NO FLICKA'S MINE!!" I screamed.

They both gave me really strange looks at that.

"You what Gracie? Whos Flicka?" My father questioned me.

"Umm no-one sir..."I said thinking about the mustang.

"You better not be on about that mustang Gracie, i have told you more than once you are not going to catch it, i am, and Mr G is going to give me $1 000 for it. And thats final!!"

Thats when i decided i was going to find that filly.

Later that night i decided i was going to go and catch that mustang, so thats what i did. I grabbed charlie, a bay quarter horse and set out to find her.

After a few hours of searching there was no sign of Flicka. Normally horses leave a trail, but there was nothing. It's almost as if she doesn't want to be found!

It was a few days after that my parents got an email from my head master, explaining about how i had not done my exam.

"GRACIE! I NEED A WORD WITH YOU! NOW!" My father shouted out the door of the house.

"Coming pops" i said coming in the door from having done the horses with a ice lolly in my hand. I looked at him then down at the piece of paper. I tuned and went to run out the door but there was something blocking my path. My mother. I looked up at her angry face and strait away knew i was in deep shit.

"WHAT IS THIS MISSES!!!???" My father screamed at me.

"I decline to answer" i said. Oh shit gracie now is not the time to be clever.

"NOT ONLY ARE YOU A SILLY GIRL YOUR ALSO A CHEEKY ONE NOW HEY? WELL THATS IT! IM BANNING YOU FROM RIDDING TILL YOU SORT THIS ESSAY OUT!!" He replied.

"But i. You cant do tha-"

"I CAN I JUST JOLLY WELL DID! NOW GET UPTO YOUR ROOM AND WRITE THAT ESSAY!!!" He said. And with that i stormed off up to my room.