"Mer... Merinda! Merinda, are you okay?" Cody's concerned voice appeared right next to me. I drew in a deep breath. Now the pain was growing numb and I furrowed my eyebrows as my throat suddenly became dry and rough.

My eyes fluttered open, but it didn't stay wide for long. It felt as though there were magnets below my eyes, and my eyelids were metal materials that couldn't help being attracted to them. My eyes went back closed. It was too heavy for me to even force it up for a longer period.

          Everything was blurry; the voice in my head, the thoughts on my mind, and my vision ― it felt like I was being shaken. Or at least, the world around me was spinning too fast, that including Cody.

          "I am fine," I expected the words to leave my mouth steadily, loudly and clearly, but instead, it appeared to be weak, soft, as in, as soft as a whisper, and vague. I am so going to slap myself the moment I am more energetic. Geesh.

          "Merinda, open your eyes and look at me," Cody solemnly said, and at that moment, something warm and smooth was rubbing against my cheek. "Merinda. Look at me."

          And all of sudden, I felt tired. Really, very, very tired. It's like a wave of exhaustion had washed over me, and I was overwhelmed by weariness. All I wanted to do was to hide in my room, lay on my bed and pull the covers over my head. I let out a sigh.

          With much struggle, I managed to peel open my eyelids and stared up at Cody, looking into his sea-colored eyes, feeling utterly numb and lethargic. I didn't want to move. At all. I just wanted to stay in this position and rest for what seems like forever. That'd be nice.

          "How are you feeling?" He asked softly, pushing my hair away from my face and tucking those loose strands behind my ear. "What happened?"

          I wasn't going to tell him. Not now, not ever, never. "I'm fine," my voice sounded insubstantial, and I was instantly aware that he wouldn't be convinced. I didn't have to hear what he'd to say. I could already see the doubt rising in his aqua eyes. I ran my tongue across my lips to moisten it before gulping.

          "I'm just feeling a little tired, that's all. Thought I'd crash down for a little while before joining you and the rest. Don't worry, Codes."

          "Really?" Here comes the skepticalness. He narrowed his eyes into slits at me as I fought the urge to shut my eyes. "Then why did you look like your were in severe pain?" He shifted me a little so now I was resting against his chest with his arms around me, and I was no longer on the tree's support. I didn't even know he'd sat down next to me. "You know, Mer, your lips are really pale. Are you sure you're all right? Do you wanna go back home to rest?" This felt oddly comfortable.

          "Nah, it's fine," I still sounded weak. Now I'm starting to hate the cancer cells in me. "I just need some rest here. You should go join Jalli."

          He shook his head as his lips curved into a small smile, "They don't need me there. At least for now. Josh is my replacement." I became a little more awake because his words had shocked me. Somehow. I was enliven by them.

          "As in, Josh Winnington?"

          "Yeah," his chest jerked a little as he chuckled, sending vibration and chills down my spine.

          I gulped. Josh Winnington is the third hottest guy, after Jake. I don't mean to call them this, but it's actually really true. Like, it's a fact so there's no point in not saying that. "Cool."

          He didn't really say anything after that, and neither did I so we were just left in this position...and I closed my eyes when I felt the cool breeze blowing towards us. Well, if this isn't the best moment ever, then I don't really know what is. I know I should probably feel nervous and excited and I-feel-like-crying because I'm leaning on Cody Simpson and I love him......way too much...but you know, I'm surprisingly calm. Sure, I'm surprised. But not shocked. Just...well, surprised.