Carefree Highway

It was 7:30 on a Monday morning and "Yun Hi Chala Chal" was blasting through the speakers of our bus. That song described our situation in an unknown way. That alluring view from our windows and the fact that we were travelling. The song fitted perfectly. 

It was a pleasant and calming ride even though there were continuous bumps, a lot of chattering and crumpling of plastic. Front seats of our bus were taken by my super seniors and a few of my classmates who were busy wrapping the cameras and mobile phones with plastic sheets while the backseats had a totally different scene. One of my friends and a senior whom I met for the first time were dancing on every beat of the song. It looked more like they were having a competition about who can dance weirder. That senior being a choreographer was adding more spice and fun to it. 

March 18, 2019!
Skipping my college, there I was, sitting on a bus with 9 others, out of which half were unknown to me. I met them for the first time but it still felt like I had known them since forever. For the records, I didn't feel awkward with them. I was at ease. They all looked so outgoing and I tried my best to match their enthusiasm. I wanted to be carefree, let go of my insecurities and act as if nothing mattered at that moment, I just wanted to enjoy myself with them.

We were a group of five super seniors and five classmates heading towards Vrindavan, a holy town in India. The trip was unique and in a good way. Our day started with Bread-Jam sandwiches and coffee from the nearest roadside food stall we found. It was a basic breakfast, with a very different plan. With the constant bickering between the seniors keeping us hooked and the beautiful sceneries adding flavours to our trip and food. 

Food, Music, friends and beautiful landscapes. What more does a photography student want? Didn't that sound perfect all on its own?

We went there to shoot a documentary on how the famous for it's Holi splash, Vrindavan, celebrated the festival of love and colours. From walking barefoot in the streets to slipping on the wet marbles of Temples, from seniors warning us about the contaminated drinks to Monkey's snatching our things, we found a new friendship and a never-ending bond. That one day escape from our daily life got us something grand to keep with ourselves. 

We couldn't shoot what we exactly wanted to but we got ourselves some unforgettable memories. With no elder to tell us boss around us or keep us in line, the trip was wild and all that fun was unbelievable. It was just a one-day trip but it gave me lifetime memories and some amazing new friends and I can say that this was one of the best trips I have been to till now. 

So my dear seniors,

Let's do this again! Shall we?