Chapter Twenty-Six: Blood Work

"The maximum amount of mass he can manipulate at one time is unknown, but do not underestimate him..." Professor Xavier and Hank could be seen on the large screen in front of the table. Pepper, Sam, Bucky, Wanda, Scott, Rhodes, and Hope all sat around the table, their listening ears on. On another screen T'Challa was listening with Okoye by his side. "He can manipulate many individual objects simultaneously while also affecting non-metallic and non-magnetic objects to a lesser extent. Magneto frequently wears metal bracelets on his ankles and wrists allowing him to levitate." Professor Xavier was prepping them on their enemy. "I understand this is your team?"

"Well..." Pepper leaned back in her chair to survey the room, "James will be monitoring from a distance. The...guardians..." Pepper watched Sam almost laughed, "as well as Thor are off in space somewhere. Carol did say she is there when we need her, but if there is a larger threat out in the galaxies she would prioritize. So..." She looked around again, "This is us." Professor Xavier seemed to smile softly, Wanda watched as he listened to Pepper. The man had a kind face, like he was always listening even when no one was talking.

"Anything besides the metal thing?" Bucky kicked back in his chair, arms folded together

"Anything besides the metal thing?" Bucky kicked back in his chair, arms folded together. Before the words even left his lips the Professor was looking right at him, like he knew.

As though he wasn't even phased by the soldier's commentary the Professor nodded, "He also has some military training in hand-to-hand combat and has been shown to be effective with his fists, but he prefers to use his powers when in combat situations."

"Man of my world." Bucky said quietly, flexing his metal arm.

"You would be no match. The moment you would step in his range you would be down." Hank focused on the soldier.

"That's why he will monitor from a distance." Pepper shot a look toward Bucky.

Wanda's hand planted themselves on her stomach as she felt it turn again, she squinted her eyes and took in a slow, deep breath in an attempt to calm herself. Bucky looked over toward her, his attention no longer with the conversation at hand as Pepper began rattling questions off at the screen. The soldier placed a hand gently on Wanda's leg but there was no time, she stood up, trying her best not to draw negative or concerned looks, and slowly yet urgently left the room.

By the time she was down the hall and near the closest bathroom she saw Bruce walking her way, but she had to hold up her hand to him as she ducked into the bathroom and slammed the door shut. After her guts were spilled and flushed, she rinsed her mouth. Standing at the mirror she looked up, her pale skin was a shade lighter and she touched her cheek. Wanda wasn't usually one to get sick, the last time she really remembered being ill was when she was seven and her mother wouldn't let her leave her bed for five days straight. Pietro picked on her evert time he returned home from school.

When she finally collected herself she opened the door slowly, seeing green as she did

When she finally collected herself she opened the door slowly, seeing green as she did. Banner was standing right there, a concerned look on his face. There was no exchanged of words, only paper. Blood test results. Wanda looked down, her eyes grazed the paper in a fast pace. The results were clear, she was not sick. Not in a flu sense.

"What..." Wanda started.

"Blood tests aren't wrong." Banner added, his voice apologetic. Although he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad thing, so the tone wasn't with reason.

 Although he wasn't sure if it was a good thing or bad thing, so the tone wasn't with reason

"Ok." Wanda nodded and clutched the papers before walking by him, past the meeting room, and pressed the call button for the elevator.