Familiar Faces

Chiyoda, Tokyo  Mori Amaterasu

Drake Franklin

Fernànda Tos

Agnès Lachance

Miyamoto Yasu

Utz Heidrich

Angelica Valentino

Marie Koh

Ermes Abbà

Pal Suhrit Akshay

Fukui Katashi

She wrote down these names. England, Mexico, France, Japan, Germany, America, Singapore, Italy, Bangledesh, Japan. She wrote all of these names from all over the world into her notebook along with the names of many more criminals worldwide, thinking of L and this new Kira the whole time.

Having run out of room, she turned the page and started writing more names:

Jacqueline Hamilton

St

"Hey, Amaterasu."

Amaterasu jumped at the voice and quickly turned around.

"Azumi, don't sneak up on me like that!"

Azumi laughed. "Sorry. What are you writing there? ...Jacqueline Hamilton?"

"A pen pal," Amaterasu lied.

"What's the 'St' for?" Azumi asked.

Steven. Let's see... "She's from Stanford. Stanford, California. I was just writing down her address." Well thank goodness one of the criminals had been from Stanford, otherwise she probably wouldn't have been able to think of an excuse that quickly.

"Oh, well, after you've done that, do you want to go out with Sayu and me?" Azumi inquired.

"Sure, sounds like fun!" Amaterasu said. "Just let me grab my bag. I'll meet you at the door."

"Alright," said Azumi, heading out of her room.

Amaterasu quickly scribbled down the rest of the name and hid the notebook in a secret compartment of her jewelry box. It was actually a gift she had gotten when she was little. A magic trick she could hardly remember that involved making something disappear, the trick lying in the hidden compartment. She locked up the box, put it in her drawer, closed the drawer and headed out the door, Ryuk and her dog hovering behind her. The two seemed to be getting along now. Well, it at least gave Ryuk someone to talk to when Amaterasu was forced to ignore him.

It wasn't long after they arrived in town that they bumped into two familiar faces.

"Yamamoto-kun!" Sayu exclaimed.

"Sayu-chan, long time no see!" said Yamamoto.

"You two know each other?" Amaterasu inquired.

"Yamamoto-kun was good friends with my brother," Sayu said, the happy memories canceling out the bad ones.

"It's good to see the both of you," Azumi said, bowing politely.

"You're so formal," Sayu said.

Azumi resisted the urge to roll her eye at her friend's statement. "Matsuda-san, did you ever find out the identity of the... remains I found?"

"Yes," said Matsuda, "I had been meaning to contact you, actually. It was a woman who had been missing for several years. At least now her family can get the closure they need."