That thought unnerved me. He stepped forward, pulling me with him. He didn't even have to speak, each head started to turn and in mere seconds all eyes were on him. 

      “Alpha” They all bowed their heads with respect. This was insane! Why did all these people respect him?! A thought occurred, maybe they fear him. I guess I would just have to find out. 

      “Good morning all. Today we will be focusing on fighting in our human form.” I smirked at that. Since I had not yet turned, I knew how to fight as a human quite well. “I would like to introduce you all to Amara, former member of Starlight. She will be part of our pack as of today.” I bit my tongue, watching as all eyes turned to me and gave a curt nod. 

       “Let us begin.” his eyes traveled to each pack member before he continued. “Who would like to face Amara first?” My eyes shot to him, and I quickly regained my composure. He hadn't told me I would be fighting first. I held the smirk off of my face and waited. He asked for it!  He obviously wanted to see my skills, well I would give him something to remember. A female with red hair stepped forward, her eyes meeting mine. I snarled, feeling the challenge in her stare.  Without a word, she turned and began to walk away from me.

       “Follow her to the middle of the field.” Macon told me, and I followed behind her. The crowd parted as we walked through, and I watched as people backed away. They were giving us distance to fight. Good, I loved to keep my opponent moving. We reached the middle of the field, and I glanced around quickly. Everyone was now on the sidelines of the field, watching with anticipation. I met her eyes with a coldness I did not know I possessed.

       “Begin.” As soon as he said that, the red head launched her self at me. I moved to the side, dodging her and stepped back. She had no idea that I had Alpha blood did she? That means I'm faster and stronger. Even if I haven't turned, I know I can run circles around this girl. 

      She struck again like a snake, and I moved again. This time, when she faced me again she ran and jumped. Her failed attempt at tackling me ended when I crouched down. I watched her body fly over me and heard her land on her feet, behind me. Turning to face her again, I glanced at Macon. He was watching intently, and I felt my wrath bubble up. 

     The red head came towards me again, only this time I did not move. I stood my ground, and stared her straight in the eyes. An arrogant smirk came onto my face when she swung at me. My hand shot out, and I grabbed her fist. I squeezed tightly and heard her yelp. This was the competition I had? I know he has better than this. I side stepped the girl, kicking her feet out from underneath her and released her arm. She lay on her back, breathing heavily and staring at me. As she made a move to get up again, I shook my head. 

      “You don't want to do that.” My words were filled with truth. I turned to Macon and sighed. “Is that how all your pack members fight? If so, they would have never won against mine.”My voice echoed across the field.  I know I had wounded the girls pride, but it was the truth. Macon's eyes darkened, and I watched as one of his male pack members stepped forward, growling. I stared at the wolf, then at Macon and waited for a response from him. 

      The wolf took another step, and Macon put his arm out. “stop.” He commanded, and started walking towards me. His arm fell back down to his side, and his eyes were now pitch black. “It's time to teach you a lesson sweetheart.” As he reached me, he pulled off his shirt and threw it onto the grass. 

   Not even seconds later, Macon struck me. I stumbled backwards, feelings blood drip down my cheek. His claws were fully extended, and I could see his wolf glistening in his eyes. I growled, and he matched mine with one much more loud. The pack members around us were completely silent. I threw my fist at him, successfully hitting him in his nose. After that, I threw another into his abdomen. When he tried to attack, I side stepped him and thrust my fist into his side. He spun around, and grabbed me up. His claws dug into my arms, and before I knew it, I was thrown across the field. 

       My back hit a tree and I slid down. Breathing heavily, I tried to ignore the aching in my back. I felt weak, and my vision blurred. My thoughts wandered to my pack. He had tried to hurt them, tried to hurt everything I love. My anger spiked and I felt the adrenalin pump in my veins. I shot up onto my feet, and ran full force towards him.  

       When I got close to him, I leaned in and jumped. With all the force I could muster, I wrapped my arms around his waist and took him to the ground. I didn’t waste anytime, throwing blow after blow at any part of him. That did not last long and seconds later, I was flipped underneath him. He wrapped his hand around my neck and his claws started to pierce my skin.  

     “Submit.” he commanded and if it weren't for my Alpha genes, I probably would have. I stared him dead in the eye and shook my head. He applied more pressure, and I winced. “Remember what I told you last night.” His words brought back his promise. If I was dead, our truce no longer mattered. I was stubborn, but I was not stupid. Ignoring all my instincts to deny him, I slowly tilted my head and exposed my neck. I was submitting to him. 

     The pack members cheered, and he climbed off of me. He put his hand out for me, to help me up and I growled. Pushing myself off the ground, I muttered “fuck you.” I dusted myself off, and ignored the aching in my neck. I refused to show him that I was hurt. That fight was not over, he pulled a dirty card and knew I would submit. 

    “Begin training” he told the pack members, and they all flooded towards the field. I walked off the field slowly and tried not to limp.  By the time I reached the sidelines where his pack members previously were, I nearly collapsed onto the ground. Sitting down, I masked the pain I was feeling and watched the pack members spar. 

  He had done that on purpose, making me fight first. He was trying to put me in my place, and when he failed, he did it himself. It was an unfair advantage, I told myself. He is a turned wolf, and I am not. In all honesty, I was mad at myself. How had he won? How did he even pin me like that? I had work to do. I was so lost in thought, that I didn't even notice he had sat down next to me. 

   “You did quite well.” he commented, and I snorted. Was he trying to compliment me, after the stunt he just pulled? “I'm going to let you sit the rest of the training.” I hated how he said that. That he was going to Let me. I felt like I had no control in this territory and I despised it. Could I ever live here happily or would my life be filled with misery?

   The thought had never occurred to me that I would not find my mate. I would live my life alone, trapped in this prison. A mate is supposed to take all your pain and suffering away, and complete you. Now, I would suffer alone and for what? My pack, I reminded myself. I was doing this so every member of my pack could live out happy lives.

        I know it will all be worth it. 

AUTHORS NOTE!

Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Like i said, comment, vote and all that! :) 

xXkrislynnXx