Chapter 3

Southside ~ Ft. Ashanti

Chapter 3.

I woke up the next morning to the musical sound of birds chirping. I groaned, as little streams of sunlight peeked through the black curtains. Breathing in, all I could smell was Macon. This whole room was covered in his scent. It brought me back to the harsh realty of where I was. I turned onto my side and, tugged the blanket around me.  I had hoped it was all just a bad dream. 

   “Good morning.” A deep voice mumbled, and I glanced over to see Macon. He was freshly showered, and a towel hung loosely around his waist. Droplets of water trickled down his body and I felt something primal stir deep inside me. Hey, I'm still a female!  I did not say anything and tore my eyes away from his body. My eyes met the alarm clock, that read 8:02 in bright red.

      “You have training in a half hour.” My eyes shot back to him, meeting his green eyes with ferocity. Was he trying to say I was weak? A low growl started to form in the back of my throat. His eyebrows rose and he gave me a look. “There we'll be no argument. You will train like every member of my pack.” I just blankly stared at him and he growled in annoyance. 

   Stomping over to me, he ripped the covers from my body. “Get up.” he commanded, and I groaned in annoyance. As I slowly dragged myself out of bed, I wondered. What am I going to wear? 

     “I don't have clothes.” I commented, and he disappeared into his walk- in closet. Seconds later, he came out with a pair of sweat pants, and a white tee shirt. After he threw them at me, I muttered “I guess this will work.” 

      I closed the bathroom door and slowly changed into the sweatpants. My eyes wandered to the mirror, and I cringed at how I looked. My hair was matted, and my make up was smeared along my face. I turned on the faucet, and washed my face with cold water. Then, I pulled my pony tail off of my wrist, pushing my hair back into a pony tail. I had no tooth brush, so I grabbed the mouthwash off the counter and gargled. 

        I heard knocking on the bathroom door and muttered, “keep your pants on.” Throwing on the tee shirt, I opened the bathroom door.

     “Time to go.” I nodded at him, and slipped on my wore out Nike shoes. Macon was now dressed in a black tee and gray sweats. His black hair was towel dried, and all over the place. It looked like he had styled it that way, and I found myself staring. 

     As we reached the front door, he opened it and motioned for me to exit. Oh what a gentleman, I thought sarcastically and sauntered past. When we were down the porch steps, he made a quick right and we traveled down the dirt road. Houses were lined up on both sides, step stones making their way to each front door. The houses were almost all identical and all I could smell was woods. 

    It wasn't like that in my packs territory. We were near the city, only a small area was covered in woods. The school was only miles away from our homes. Humans believed that we were a tribe of some sort, because our school and home was limited to only our community. It took less than ten minutes to be in the bustling city of Icelyne.

   It smelled like country out here. Cars were barely heard on the paved road miles away. Everything around me was trees and houses. I couldn't see anything else. The houses disappeared, and giant trees were now on both sides of the dirt road.

     “we're almost there.” he murmured, and when he did I could vaguely hear people talking. The trees started to disperse, and I could see a clear field only feet in front of us. As I stepped into the field I saw just how big Macon's pack really was. He must have had at least two thousand pack members all standing in the piece of land that was twice the size of a football field. My pack had clearly underestimated him. What we saw was just a measly amount of the power he held.