When the period ended, all three of them stood up. Koga glanced back a Kagome, shouldering his bookbag. She eyed InuYasha for a second, who was standing behind them with his arms folded across his chest. She heaved another sigh, and made her way out of the classroom. Koga quickly caught up with her, while InuYasha kept his distance. But his ears flicked in their direction.

Neither of them said a word, and when they reached the history classroom, Kagome stepped through the door and took her seat without looking at anyone. Koga took his seat beside her. He set his backpack gently on the floor, and took out his notebook and pencil. He set them both on his desk and then turned in the seat, facing her.

"What's up with you two?" Koga asked, after a few seconds.

"Nothing." She replied, quietly.

"Doesn't look like nothing to me."

"Leave it alone, Koga." She snapped, planting her chin in her palm and refusing to look at him.

She heard a small chuckle, and turned to see Koga grinning at her. She glared at him, but he just winked, and flashed another bright smile. Kagome rolled her eyes, but found herself smiling. Koga reached over and gently patted her arm. The teacher started to speak, and they both started taking down notes.

The class ended, signaling their lunch hour. Kagome got up to leave, and she felt Koga's hand on her wrist. "Sit with me today."

"Sure," she said, nodding. She followed him out to the courtyard, and they sat on the soft grass. The sun felt warm on her cheeks and she placed her hands behind her, leaning back and tilting her face up to the sun. This was so easy. She looked at Koga, and noticed how the color matched his eyes. He sat next to her, taking out his lunch. When he noticed her staring, he set it aside, leaning his elbows on his knees and clasping his hands together, under his chin. "Is there something you want to talk about?"

"Nope," she said, not blinking.

"Okay, what should we talk about, then?" he asked, resting his hand on the grass behind him, and leaning back.

"Nothing." Kagome fell back onto the grass, resting her hands across her stomach. For a few seconds, she blinked up at the sky, "Just talk about something. Distract me."

Koga frowned down at her, before he reached into his bookbag and took out his history notebook. "You know, I feel like I had an easier time keeping up with the lecture, today."

She smiled, "Glad to hear it."

"You should really go into tutoring." Koga rolled onto his stomach, his lunch forgotten. He angled the notebook so that she could see it.

"You're much neater, today." she observed.

"Thanks. I started underlining, too. See?" he said, pointing to the numerous pen marks scattered across the page. Kagome put her hand to her mouth, stifling a giggle when she saw how much he had underlined.

"What?" he asked, looking over at her.

"It's just a lot of underlining. Remember, we said, only the important stuff."

"Yeah, but it all seems important." Koga shook his head, then turned to stare at Kagome when she started laughing, hysterically.

"What are you laughing at?"

"You," she said, through her hands, which had come up to cover her mouth.

"Me?" Koga smiled. He moved to his knees and hovered over her. "You'll regret that." Then, he tickled her stomach.

"Ah! Koga—stop!" she spit out through each fit of laughter. She tried wrestling his hands off, but he was too strong. He started tickling her sides. She tried sitting up, but she was laughing too hard.