Chapter 3

Kagome was in a sour mood, as she walked to school the next morning. She was still furious with InuYasha, but, admittedly, she felt his absence like a part of herself was missing. When she'd woken, she'd instinctively reached for her phone. Every night, she would lie in bed texting InuYasha, and every morning she would wake to a text he sent after she'd fallen asleep.

Instead of a love note, there was an angry inquiry: "I don't understand why you're so mad. I didn't do anything wrong." And instead of butterflies in her stomach, she felt a flash of anger. The only reason they were having problems now was because of him, because he had to make such a big deal about her studying with Koga.

She smiled to herself. Just make sure he treats you right. She felt a growing fondness for Koga. He made everything so easy, even fun. She liked hanging out with him, but she didn't have feeling for him. Why couldn't InuYasha see that?

Kagome entered the school and walked to her locker. She quickly opened it, reaching for her books. Before she had filled her bag, the silver-haired hanyou was behind her. He'd probably caught her scent as soon as she was on school grounds.

"Why haven't you answered my texts?"

Kagome stiffened, irritated at the accusatory tone in his voice. She shook her head, she couldn't afford to have her head messed up before first period. "InuYasha, I can't talk right now. I have class."

"Well, when can you talk?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"What do you mean, you 'don't know'?" InuYasha stared at her, incredulous.

Kagome huffed in exasperation, her fingers clenched the door to her locker. "Just what I said, InuYasha. I don't have time for this." She replied, without looking at him.

For a few seconds, there was silence between the pair. Then, InuYasha spoke quietly from behind her. "But you had plenty of time to spend with Koga, yesterday." He said it like a statement, not a question.

Kagome couldn't help it. "You're such a jerk!" she said, slamming the locker door. InuYasha clamped his hands over both ears. "Will you stop doing that?"

She turned away from him, "I'm going to class, now."

"Kagome!" he called, but she ignored him. Instead, she made her way to her first class, and slammed her bookbag down. The student next to her raised an eyebrow, but otherwise didn't say anything. Kagome started tapping her pencil on her notebook, waiting for class to start. Her phone beeped and she slipped it out of her pocket. It was a message from Koga.

"Hey, sorry I'm just getting back to you. Over slept, and gonna be late for first period :O "

Kagome felt the smile stretch across her face. He's funny. She looked up at the sound of feet shuffling into the room. The teacher has just walked in, hurrying to get his papers together.

She texted back a quickly reply: "No worries. Tsk, tsk. What am I going to do with you? Have a good morning, I'll see you for 3rd period."

His reply was almost instant: "Nothing! Bc you love me just the way I am ;) cool, see you soon."

She shut off her phone and turned her attention to her teacher, who had started the lecture. The period came to an end, and Kagome walked to her second class, which turned out to be just as incapable of distracting her as her first. By 3rd period, she was a complete mess as she walked into the room taking her seat in the middle aisle. InuYasha was already in his seat, sulking and not looking at her. She glanced at Koga, he smiled and waved at her, and Kagome heard a sharp growl come from deep in InuYasha's throat. She threw a look at him over her shoulder. Koga eyed them both, mouthing "You okay?" to her. She shrugged, and all of them turned to the teacher as he began the review of last night's homework.