"You must stay clear from them at all costs. And if they talk to you just smile and nod. All they love to do is gossip about everyone in the pack. They all do nothing but judge people and talk shit. They want to know and be in everyone's busy and act like they are better than everyone because they are in charge of our rituals and tradition." Said Jojo with an annoying attitude. 

"Yes, and they think that because they pray to Mawu every day, they are more woke with their wolf spirit," Zaire said.

"Also, stay away from their children. They ain't any better either. They have this high and mighty attitude too."

"But most of all avoid every male in this pack," Benjy said. 

"What!" I yelled in shock. "How is that possible?" I asked, confused. 

"Stay away from every unmated male," Benjy said, shaking his head. I look over at Eric, seeing him nodding his head in agreement. I let out a sigh.

"You guys are too much," I said, shaking my head. 

"Trust me, don't be fool by this mate crap. These dudes will do anything to raise their social status." Jojo said. 

"Wow," I said, shaking my head. They continue to tell me about more people in the pack who are not to be trusted. Like certain people who don't think my dad shouldn't be the alpha and other members who use the pack resources for their own benefit. 

"Yes, so don't be a fool," Zaire said. 

"But I thought we are all family why are there people like this?" I asked, confused. 

Jojo let out a laugh. "Umndeni?" (Family)

"Aw, she thinks this was Wakanda or something," Zaire said, causing everyone to laugh. 

"She thought we were---"

"Wakanda forever!" The boys said, doing the Wakanda sign.

"Look, Imani. Don't get us wrong, when shit hits the fan, everyone here and other packs around the world will come together. But that doesn't mean we all get along with each other. I mean, look at America." Benjy said. I nod my head, understanding. 

"We have our own flaws, too," Jojo said. 

I decided to get up and get another drink since I was out. When I come back, I notice Eric is gone. 

"What happened to Eric?" I asked. 

"Oh, he went to the bathroom," Jojo answered. I continue to eat and talk with the guys until an older woman comes over to talk to Benjy.

"Benjy, have you seen your mother?" She asks. 

"No, is she with my dad?" Benjy asked. 

"I checked, but I can't find her anywhere. We start to run out of food and I need her help." She says with a sigh and walks away.

"Your mom is always missing every time we have these parties." Said Jojo. 

"Well, you know my mom doesn't like large crowds," Benjy says as he continues to eat. 

After a few minutes, I decided to go to the bathroom. I want to see if I can find Eric, and I actually have to really go. This may be the only chance I get to see and speak to him one-on-one, and I don't want to waste it. As I am walking towards the bathroom, I see Oliva and Eric talking to each other, standing very close.

"Eric?" I said, confused. They both turn to look at me, surprised. 

"Hey, Imani." He said, smiling at me. I look over at Oliva, who isn't making eye contact with me.