4. 𝙀𝙭𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙜𝙚

Start from the beginning

"So what are you?" Imelda was sure she had given up. She slumped onto the sofa she had woken up on, watching Klaus resume sitting across from her. She sipped her beer scowling at the taste.

Truthfully, Imelda hated drinking but the idea of being numb to everything in regards to Klaus and Stefan was more alluring than being sober and facing them. Klaus watched her for a moment, pulling his leg up and resting it on the other. He got comfortable so she did the same.

"I am, currently, the first of my kind." Klaus wouldn't tell her the entire story, he didn't feel like it and she didn't seem the type to enjoy long, drawn out stories. "A Hybrid."

Imelda nodded her head. "I've read about them. Part vampire, part werewolf, full ass." It slipped from her tongue. It was clear she was a lightweight but that might be due to her never drinking until then.

Klaus smirked but made no move to keep her from drinking. "Tell me, Imelda Fell, what do you wish to do with Stefan?" Humans had a habit of being honest when intoxicated.

"Shoot him." Imelda nodded absently.

"With a gun." She clarified, her eyes blurred as she downed the rest of her beer and dropped the bottle onto the ground. She stood and made her way back to the mini fridge. Rather than get one she grabbed them all and sat on the floor. She opened one and drank it.

"I also plan on drowning my sorrows. Damon was right. I'm an idiot. I should've been glad to just have her heart. But you know? I mean, she's my twin." Imelda babbled, losing herself as she drank and spoke with her hand.

"I-I didn't even tell anyone she was dead. I avoided our Aunt and our mom? Oh man, our mom she, she doesn't even know. No one knows but I do." Imelda finished the second bottle and opened the third.

"I thought Stefan was our friend. We, he was nice, you know? And he came over and helped paint the stupid walls with the stupid lilies." Imelda didn't realize Klaus had stood and was now crouched in front of her.

"I hate lilies now. I hate my house that I was born in. I hate Stefan. I hate Mystic Falls. Did I say I hate Stefan?" Imelda tried to drink the third bottle but her fingers clutched air.

"No. No I really hate, do you know what I really hate?"

Klaus peered at her. "What do you hate, Love?" He held the beer out of her grasp as her glossy eyes peered at him before they fluttered closed and her body slumped to the side.

"I hate being alone."

"From the womb to the tomb, sister your stuck with me." Imelda's fist banged on the closed bathroom door.

"So either open the door or I call Stefan and he breaks it down. Then you can explain to our dear, sweet, not-so-understanding mother who lives in Alaska why the door,-" Imelda's rant is cut off by the door being jerked open.

Iris fell sniffled, her mascara and eyeliner was smeared and made her look like a drowned raccoon. Her eyes were red and puffy. Snot dripped from her nose, it wasn't a pretty sight but Imelda brought her sister into her chest and hugged tightly.

"She's a bitch for not realizing how lucky she was." Imelda wasted no time in doing her sisterly duty of cheering her twin up.

Iris smiled through her tears. "You always say that." She pulled back and peered into her sister's hazel eyes. They shimmered with warmth and made her feel better.

"And I'm always right. Now, clean yourself up and join me downstairs for cookie dough ice cream, your choice of movies and a large cheese pizza."