Chapter 28: Old Pack And Meetings

Start from the beginning

"You and me both." I agreed.

"I get it!" Ares groaned. "I'm cooking the pancakes right now."

Apollo gave me a high-five and we sat down at the table.

"So tell me more about this ceremony." I said as everyone sat down except for Ares.

"It's basically when you are crowned as the queen and you can officially have the title." Ares explained as he grabbed the eggs and milk. "You get your own crown and everything."

"Your coronation is going to be awesome!" Apollo said excitedly. "You get to see this awesome sword that Perseus uses to tap your shoulders. It's huge and very bright. Got jewels on it and everything."

"He uses a sword?" I asked confused. "Is that usually how a queen's coronation goes?"

"Who knows?" Apollo shrugged. "But that's how it is to become an Alpha Queen."

"But you'll get all dressed up in a very fancy dress with the help of the elders in the pack, then the coronation takes place, then at the end, we have a feast and a ball happens."

"A ball?" I asked confused. "Like a game?"

"No." Janus said slowly and then the realization hit him. "Oh, that's right. Uh, a ball is basically a very big dance. But the gowns that they wear are really over the top. Big fluffy dresses, rhinestones on every outfit, you'll see."

"Oh! Okay." I said as I felt my face getting ready.

Way to go Athena.

"Perseus will make you repeat the oath." Apollo added.

"You mean I have to talk?" I asked worriedly.

"It's going to be okay. You guys will have a ton of time to practice." Ares reassured me. "So you'll walk in and up to the stage, sit down next to me while Perseus does his little speech thing, he'll call you over and I will walk you over to him and then sit back down. He'll have you repeat the oath, he'll touch the sword to your shoulders and announce you as the queen, everyone stands when he does that and claps for you. Then I'll walk back over to you and take your hand and then we'll bow to everyone. They'll clap some more and then you and I head out into the ballroom where the food is set up in the front half and the dance floor is open in the back half of the room. The servers will bring the food to us because it's not a buffet type thing."

"That's a lot." I said after he was finished explaining everything.

"Don't worry." Ares winked. "Next week we are going to be practicing that a lot so you have it down airtight. You got this."

"There's nothing to worry about. The oath is just you repeating what he says. He'll first ask you if you swear to uphold the rules and all that stuff. All you have to do is say 'I do' and then repeat the oath that he tells you. You'll be fine." Janus said.

"But still." I groaned. "I have a feeling I'm going to mess up."

"You won't." Ares laughed as he placed the pancakes on a plate and set them on the table. "I have a couple of meetings today so I won't be back until late tonight. But you could with if you would like."

"Did you still want to stop by that one pack on the way to the meeting?" Janus asked as he grabbed a couple of pancakes.

"Yeah." Ares growled softly. "I don't like that alpha. Something's up."

"Who?" I asked confused as I picked up a piece of pancake with my fork.

"Alpha Rick of the North Forest Pack." Apollo said.