"And you haven't told anyone?"

"No."

"Why?"

"Because I saw what would happen to Bruce Banner. Hunted by the US Army because they want to make him a weapon. Do you think I wanted that to happen to himself?"

"You were surprised when I came to your house," Coulson starts. "If you are a psychic, shouldn't you have known I'd be coming?"

"Yes, give it to those that have never experienced ESP to try to explain it," you grumble. "That's not how it works! I can't see anything with me in it! I can see stuff that will affect the world eventually. Banner, Thor, Stark, Rogers, the Tesseract, they'll all change some things. But I can't see anything directly about my future." Technically you aren't lying. You have no idea what will happen to yourself, but you can rant about Loki as much as you want.

Really wish I am as good at lying as Loki is, you think. That skill would be useful. Also, I wish I could tell when people knew I was lying. Gosh, I have no clue if Fury thinks I'm crazy, if I'm a terrorist, or if he believes me, or, heck, if he can see past my facade and see what I'm trying to do!

"So you're claiming you can see our future, but not your own?" Fury asks.

"Parts of it, yes," you confirm. "Parts because if our futures were to be connected, I could see what the heck was happening to you, but I'd never see me there until I was living it."

"And what of the future? What if you're only seeing possible outcomes?" Coulson asks.

You smile, knowing you can be quite accurate. "I don't know for certain, but it would appear that I'm seeing the most likely course of the future, since everything I've seen has been true," you say, trying to make up some crap to make Fury happy.

"You said you've only had this as long as the incident at Stark Industries-"

"Which incident?" you interrupt.

"Obadiah Stane," Coulson continues. "You've had these powers? How did you get them?"

You sigh. "I, um, I'm not quite sure. Around that time, I was digging outside of Tel Aviv. Se found some relic, called the Apparatus. The guy I was with, Azriel, he's Jewish. He told me that there was a legend behind it, something about the Apparatus being endowed with the power of God. I ignored it. I didn't want to start a religious flame war. Once we got that, that box out of the ground, my head began to hurt. It hurt for a long time. I passed out because of it many days later, and I woke up in a hospital, no memory of getting into the street like the doctor said where they found me. Doctor said there was nothing wrong, but my headache was gone, so I left. And then I started getting my visions."

"And no one knows?"

"I really hope SHIELD's the only one that knows," you say. You smile cockily. "So, are you convinced I'm not trying to destroy national security?"

"I'm convinced that you're a psychic, but how am I supposed to know you aren't destroying national security?"

You sigh. "I write conspiracy theories to save people, not get attention. I have seen men of steel die and dark knights fall. There's no way in heck I can just tell people "Oh, by the way, a purple CGI dude that sounds like an evil Benedict Cumberbatch will destroy the world!" That's hypothetical by the way, sir! And I can't know for sure what happens in 2018. It's fuzzier. I admit, 2018 appears to be a colorful year. But within the next few years, I can give you fairly accurate ideas of the future. I want to use that to warm people, so they'll prepare. If they see I'm right about something, maybe they'll listen to me about bigger threats."

"Bigger threats? Bigger than, say, Vanko?" Fury asks.

"Much bigger threats, sir. Did you really think we are alone in this universe? Oh, yes, I forgot, you are aware of others in the universe. Asgard. Jotunheim. Skrulls. Kree."

"You know about the Skrulls and Kree?" Coulson asks.

"Oh, yes. Don't worry, Director, your secrets are safe with me. Including the one about your eye. And how toast should be cut."

"You know about that?"

"When I look into the past, I get some pretty random stuff sometimes, I don't know why."

"Oh, so she knows how you lost your eye and I don't?" Coulson asks. He turns to you. "Did a Kree claw it out when Fury refused to give up the Tesseract?"

"Do not tell him, Miss l/n," Fury says.

You chuckle. "All I can tell you is that it was quite a surprise for everyone." You sigh. "So, Director, Agent, have I convinced you?"

"You will have if you can tell me how I like bread cut," Fury says.

You smile. "Can't be cut diagonally. Has to be top to bottom, vertically."

"Really, sir? Really?" Coulson asks.

"The only person that knows that is in space, and you can't be old enough to have possibly spied on us," Fury says.

"Great, can I go home now?"

"No!" Fury and Coulson say in unison.

You sigh. "What the heck d'ya want now?"

"I'm gonna assume you know about the Avengers Initiative," Fury says.

"Yeah, I know about it."

"I get the feeling that we'll need you on board."

"It's something I can't confirm nor deny."

"Then make your own destiny, Miss l/n. Not all of life is before your eyes. Be what the world needs."

"And if I refuse?"

"You won't."

"Fair point," you say. "When do I begin?"