Chapter 32: Stolen Earth

Iris got out of Jack's arms, feeling a wave of confusion overwhelm her as she stepped back. It was as if she had gotten a sense of dread flow through her. But she shook it off as she looked up at Jack, who smirked at her with amusement. Not sure what had been happening, Iris smiled back as he leaned down to give a short kiss on her lips.

As Jack got off the bed to get ready, Iris pulled the sheets to cover her body as she continued to feel overwhelmed by everything. What had happened? As she looked around herself, she wasn't sure what she seemed to be missing as she looked at the clock. But that was when she saw something on her phone.

A text message had gotten through and the following words were sent to her:

"Bad Wolf"

Iris swallowed thickly as anxiety got to her. If that was true, then it meant that this was... but then why had she felt so confused and overwhelmed? What had happened in the parallel world when Donna had not turned left?

As she got up from the bed, she winced as she felt something from where she had previously been stabbed by the incident with Abaddon, and looked down, to not see anything. What had that been? She was thinking on this when Jack came out from the bathroom as he saw her standing there deep in thought.

"Iris, you alright?"

This question immediately brought her out of her thoughts as she put on a smile on her face and responded with,

"I'm fine. Just thinking..."

Jack walked up to her, wrapping an arm around her as he asked, "What about?"

Iris shook her head as she said, "Nothing... it's nothing."

With that, she gave a peck on Jack's lips before walking out of his arms and heading towards the bathroom to wash up. Once she was done, she stepped out in the usual longer grey blazer with white blouse, and navy-blue dress pants with her black heels. It took her a while to pull Jack to his senses as he tried to brighten her mood by flirting with her nonstop, but they both managed to arrive at work on time.

Ianto welcomed them as he handed both Owen and Tosh their coffee. The couple had stayed overnight to study one of the artifacts that had come through the Rift recently. When Iris had walked in, the couple rolled their eyes as they heard Jack try to get her and Ianto to get on a date. Iris was blushing, but walking in front of Jack, whilst Ianto blushed as well upon hearing what Jack had said.

Owen finally got fed up with Jack's antics when he yelled out, "Get a room you three!"

Toshiko hit him on the shoulder lightly as Gwen then walked in. Once every one of Torchwood had settled in, nothing much happened. Toshiko was working on the artifact with Owen whilst Iris was looking at some of the blood samples of one of the new visitors that had recently walked through the Rift.

But it was not too long when a tremor shook the furniture and caused Iris to fall down as she was holding some of her test results that she had just printed. Paper flew out of her hands as she tried to regain her balance. When the tremor finally ended, Iris huffed as her thoughts went back to the text message she had gotten. She immediately ran up to the rest of the team as Jack came out of his office and yelled out,

"Whoa, what happened? Was it the Rift? Iris? Ianto? Gwen? Owen? Tosh? You okay?"

Iris threw him a thumbs up whilst saying, "That wasn't the Rift. It's something much worse."

Owen groaned out, "What could be worse than the Rift?"

Iris grimaced as she looked towards Jack and stated, "Daleks."