dj got us falling in love

Start from the beginning

"I don't think we've met," he stumbled over his words, feeling shy. He just wanted to know the boys name because he was cute.

"I'm Sam," the blonde said. Sams name rolled around Colby's head, savoring it.

"Colby," Colby said, even though Sam didn't ask for his name. The bartender handed Colby his drink. Colby's hand curled around the cup and he brought it to his lips. Sam watched as Colby swallowed the liquid.

"You wanna dance?" Sam asked. Colby internally groaned. Of course this boy liked partying.

"Um I'm not much of a dancer," Colby stuttered over his words again. Sam nodded and took a sip of his drink. Colby was glad he didn't pressure him. He glanced back out at the dance floor and Colby followed his actions. There seemed to be more people now and Colby was glad he wasn't out there.

"How do you know Will?" Sam asked suddenly. He had to shout over the music. Strobe lights bounced off of Sams body and it was hypnotizing Colby.

"I'm one of his roommates," Colby tells Sam. He watches Sams eyebrows raise. Colby asks the same question to Sam to which Sam replies with, "We work together." That made sense, Will works at some private gym with a bunch of bodybuilders. So that must mean that Sam was fit. Colby's eyes darted down the smaller boys body and concluded that Sam was indeed fit.

After another ten minutes of them sitting there, drinking their drinks, occasionally laughing as people made up their own dance moves, Colby starts getting a headache. The music was loud and they alcohol in his system was getting too much for him. And all the flashing lights were making his eyes hurt. He put his face in his hands and groaned. He guessed he could leave, he's been at the party for awhile now. No one would notice if he left. After another five minutes of debating himself, he decided to leave. He left the now empty glass on the counter.

He was almost to the door when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see Sam. The heat from Sam's hand made Colby feel like he was on fire.

"Where you going?" Sam asked.

"Home, it's getting late and I'm not much of a party guy," Colby confesses, looking down. He felt slightly embarrassed because he should enjoy parties and dancing but he just didn't. And he really hoped Sam wouldn't make fun of him because of it.

Colby watched as Sams eyes faded. It almost broke his heart to see the blonde look upset. His hand fell from Colby's shoulder. Just then one of his favorite songs starts playing. He felt his heart connect to the beat of the drums. He groaned internally because he didn't want to leave when this song was playing. Sam looked at him confused.

"How about this, I'll dance with you to this song and then I have to leave," he says suddenly feeling confident.

Sam agrees and drags Colby onto the dance floor. People were jumping and swaying their hips along to the beat and Colby tried to keep up with them. Sam was doing a pretty good job and he laughed at Colby who was definitely uncoordinated. Colby spots Will, still on the dance floor and waves. He wanted his friend to see him on the dance floor, see him being confident. But Will didn't see him.

"I'm sorry, I don't know how to dance," Colby shouts over the music. But Sam couldn't hear him and so he moved closer. He gripped Colby's waist and moved his mouth to Colby's ear.

"Say that again," Sam half yells. Colby had gone frozen with Sam still holding his waist. The feeling of Sams hands on his waist was making his body tingle and made his mind tangle up in his own thoughts.

"I can't dance, I'm sorry," Colby said again. As the song was coming to an end, Sam still held onto Colby. Colby liked the feeling of Sams hands on his waist. He felt kind of sad knowing that the song was almost over and he would have to leave.

"It's ok babe, you did good," Sam said. The song was over now and a slower song came on.

"This is for all the lovebirds out there," the dj roared into the microphone. A few people whistled. Colby blushed and he was glad Sam didn't notice. A few people made their way off the floor and Colby started that way too.

But Sam pulled him closer, into his chest. Colby pressed his palms against Sams shoulders, not knowing what to do. Sam was slow dancing with him.

"Just relax babe," Sam whispers. His face was so close to Colby's and his breath floated across his face. So Colby relaxed into Sam and let the music move him.

He wrapped his arms around Sams neck and placed his head on Sams shoulder. He closed his eyes, enjoying the feeling of Sams hands on his body. They swayed from foot to foot and Sam led them to do tiny circles around the floor. It was relaxing. Colby realized he likes slow dancing a lot especially with Sam.

The song was over too soon and they broke apart. Colby almost whined at the loss of touch. Another upbeat song started playing as they exited the dance floor.

"Do you have to go now?" Sam asked sadly. Colby checked his watch to see it was almost 3am. He needed to get home. Although the party was still at its peak, Colby knew he needed sleep and partying all night wasn't going to get him that.

"Yes I do," Colby said.

"I'll walk you to your car?" Sam asked hopeful. Colby's smile was enough for Sam to follow him out. Along the way, Sams hand brushed against Colby's way too many times but Colby was nervous and didn't say anything about it. They walked up to Colby's red Corolla and stood outside the drivers door.

"This is me," Colby pats his car. It was much cooler outside and Colby was grateful. The music could still be heard but it wasn't as loud outside. He could breathe a little better. But Sam was looking at him with such longing that it still took away the brunettes breath away.

"Look I know we just met and all but I think you're a great guy," Sam spits out suddenly. He looks to the ground, embarrassed. Colby sees him fumbling with his fingers. Colby blushes deeply.

"You think I'm great even though I can't dance?" Colby questioned trying to keep the conversation light. Sam looks up and laughs too.

"Yeah, even though you can't dance, you're still great and I'd like to hang out with you again. Is it possible to get your number?"

Colby was shocked that Sam just asked for his number. But he gave it to him anyway, quickly taking Sams phone and entering the number. After retiring Sams phone, they gazed at each other. Colby bit his bottom lip as the moonlight shined down on the shorter making him look so pure and innocent.

Then Sam hugged Colby, reaching up and holding him tightly. It came out of nowhere and Colby stumbled back at first. But then wrapped his own arms around the small boy. It was nice and relaxing. Colby melted into Sams embrace, letting his head rest on the blondes shoulder. When Sam went to pull away he left a lingering kiss on Colby's jaw. Colby looked Sam in the eyes before they both leaned forward. Their lips connected and Colby instantly sighed. The blonde boys lips were gentle and soft against Colby's rough ones. When they disconnected, both boys were blushing hard.

"I'll text you later," Sam stuttered out his words. His eyes were still fixated on Colby's red lips. Colby reached up and touched Sams cheek, caressing the smooth skin.

"Ok Sam," Colby whispers. And then just like the breeze in the night sky, Sam was gone.

Colby touched his own lips before getting in the car, his lips still tingling. Just to think that if he had stayed home like he was going to do, he wouldn't have met the boy of his dreams.

(yes I know, they don't know anyone named Will, I made him up. But this was kinda cute, yeah? Thanks for reading)