8

I would like to dedicate this chapter to all of the wonderful people who left me an encouraging word. It's not easy being a writer/author. It's very discouraging when you don't get the reaction that you hoped for. There was one author whom I follow and just happens to follow me back sent a great message of encouragement. I can't tell you enough how much your encouragement means. Especially when this story isn't moving through readers like I thought it would. So to all of you that left me even the smallest of messages, Thank You. (wipes a tear)

Daniel kept a weary eye of Eric. He knew that he was angry that he had approached Jenna. But for some strange reason, he couldn't stand the thought of that sweet and gentle girl crying on the beach, alone. Player and whatever other name you might want to call him, he just had to reach out to her.

"I told you not to approach her. She's mine!" Eric roared.

"Then act like it! I have watched you moon over this girl every since we met. Having met her, I understand the pull she has for you. But, I'm gonna repeat to you one more time what I said in the restaurant last night. Jenna is an attractive woman. She's smart and is looking for a relationship. If you don't pick this flower, someone else will. And that someone may end up like this psycho that is stalking her." Daniel let his words sink in before continuing. "Do you know want she  wanted? To do things that "normal" couples do. Walk hand in hand, laugh at each others silly jokes. To be held." Eric's face wore a surprised look. "Yeah, that's what we talked about. You are so afraid of this woman for a whatever reason, that you don't even know who she is anymore! She needs someone she can trust to show her that she can have this things. Now me? I would love to. But I get the feeling that it wouldn't work. I just don't think that I would be good enough for her. Her gentle nature would require someone more aggressive to balance her submissive side out. Yet, still have the restraint not to run over her and her feelings."

Daniel walked into the kitchen and grabbed himself a beer and another for his friend. "She's lonely, Eric. Right now, she accepts me as a friend, and I'm okay with that. But what if she wants something else one day because you haven't made a move yet? Jenna's what, 26? 27? Something tells me that she has waited for you her entire life. Don't wait too long Eric. You know what our world is like. Someone with a lot less morals than me may come along and destroy her if you wait too long. Or she could get tired of waiting on you." Turning, Daniel went inside and to his room. He was emotionally exhausted. Between those two, ASW was going to be an emotional roller coaster until they figure out what they want from each other. 

Daniel's mind just wouldn't stop. It kept turning over the situation in his mind. He wasn't for sure about what happened to Jenna, But he had his own ideas. As he stood under the shower an idea began to take root. Could he do it? He had never played matchmaker before. He would have to enlist the help of Elizabeth, Angus and Dougal. The head trainer, Jenna's boss would have to be in on it too. He would talk to the involved parties tomorrow morning. Just as he was about to get into bed, a scream of absolute terror sounded through the house. He knew who it was. And he even would bet that he knew where her room was. On the top floor, next to Eric's. And he would bet anything that it had a connecting door.

Another scream. Feet pounding up the stairs. A knock on a door. Just a he arrived, he saw Jenna being given an injection by Elizabeth. "She's had too much emotional upheaval today, Eric. She needs rest and quiet. If you aren't going to be the man who helps her then step aside and let one who will." Was Elizabeth's fiery statement. She didn't know it, but she had just played into his scheme. 

Speaking up from the door, he asked, "Does she need someone to stay with her tonight? I can, if you need me to. I'm a light sleeper and will wake if she starts having another nightmare." 

The only answer he received from Eric was a growled "No!," as Eric sat down on the edge of the bed and held Jenna's hand. The frown lines on her forehead instantly disappeared. It was almost as if she knew that it was Eric. It's possible, he supposed. He watched for a minute more, then faked a yawn. "Well, goodnight all. See ya'll at breakfast." Turning, he went to catch up with  Angus and his wife to talk to them about his plan. They were astounded, of course. It was completely out of character for him. Especially if emotions and females were involved. However, they agreed to help in anyway they could.