Entry 3:

June 4th, 2067
Heart of the Rocky Mountain Range, USA

Waking peacefully in a warm mass of blankets, I realize that I had forgotten how comfortable real beds are- especially Oliver's beds. Shimmering pools of sunlight ebb and flow in a steady rhythm, through the transparent ceiling, onto the dark, polished stone floor. Due to his constant moving, only Oliver's forge is constructed out of sturdy materials, while the living area is mostly a tent. The walls are essentially heavy blankets tethered to a wooden frame; the transparent ceiling is a strange plasticy texture with the iridescence of a crystal.

Rousing myself from the soft fabric, I step onto the rock floor. Goosebumps appear on my arms as a slightly chilly draft flutters the walls. The air smells lightly of pine needles, and a sense of morning dew still drapes everything.

Walking to a polished wardrobe, I take a tie from a drawer and pull my hair back into a bun. Gazing into a tall mirror beside said wardrobe, I stare at the straight, messy locks framing my olive-skinned face. My chocolate eyes have just enough of an unnatural amount of gold in them to make them slightly off-putting. I don't favor them much. Turning away from my image, I continue out the flap door of the tent.

The dewy, green grass slides across my feet during my footfalls in such a way that reminds me of a wet paintbrush gliding against glass. It being quite long and flowered, I find it hard not to step on small insects such as bees that are beginning to be increasingly abundant in this small meadow, as the sun steadily rises over the surrounding pine trees. Crisp air, now fully hitting me, sways the flora gently.

Taking a deep breath, I end my small journey by stepping into the threshold of Oliver's creations. Dark and smoky, the wooden structure has instruments of all shapes and sizes laying about in a haphazard fashion.

He sits before me, slouched over a steaming cup of liquid and a plate of eggs and hash browns.

"Did you save any for me?" I ask, hopefully.

"Nah, I thought you regenerated on sleep and photosynthesis..." he smirks, "yes, there's more in that separate room over there." He points to our right where a wooden door is cracked open.

Sunlight glows out the doorway. Opening the perfectly constructed slab of pine, I step into a makeshift kitchen. A pan still half full with eggs and hash brown sit on a counter beside a steaming tea kettle. Raiding the cupboards for a dish, I find a single wooden bowl and snatch it. Piling the rest of the food into it, I turn my attention towards the tea kettle. I've never been particularly fond of tea. Searching the kitchen with my eyes, I spot a jug of water sitting on the floor across the room. That will do. Grabbing the entire thing and a fork, I reverse my journey back out to the dark room Oliver sits in.

Stepping back into the darkness, I hear him jab, "Oh, took the whole jug did yah?"

"Shut up," I snap, "I haven't had water in 2 days."

"Sorry, you're just so puny that I'm not sure how you picked that-"

"You don't want to finish that," I growl. "Don't forget what I am; I could rip your throat out."

"Oh yes, and you're so mean. Aya I don't think you could bring yourself to rip my throat out even if I deserved it."

"Oh you shut up," I smack him on the arm.

"Hey, you just know that I'm right," he smirks.

"Did you not hear me? I said shut up." I shove him playfully.

"Why don't you make me?" He taunts.

"Are you a f*cking child?"

He gasps, "Yes! Didn't you know?"

Groaning loudly, I sit myself on the floor, facing away from him.

"Hey stop pouting. This is the first time I've seen you in 6 months."

"Maybe I wouldn't be pouting if you weren't such a prick!"

"Who's the child now?" He jeers.

"Oh my god, would you shut your mouth? Be a normal 30 year old!"

Leaning back in his seat and placing his hand over his heart in an offended motion, he sniffles: "Such a cruel human bei- oh wait you're not human."

Now's time for me to get offended. "Excuse you, I am still half human as far as I know. You're the one being rude!"

"Now I never said rude; I said cruel."

"Oh my god, you're avoiding the point. I feel like your mother and I'm 11 years younger than you. How the hell does this work?"

"So then... should I call you Mom?"

"I'm just going to turn around and eat my damn food now," I huff and do as I said.

Within a few minutes, I eat everything I took and have half the jug of water down. Oliver, smacking his lips, finishes a minute later. Meanwhile, I lose myself in thought.

If the Red League want to take me so bad, why do they send their sh*tiest men every time? They succeed in tricking me into capture and then get torn to pieces every time I wake. Is it a game to them or are they not bright? It doesn't make sense, and yet, it keeps happening. I shift in my seat. It doesn't add up. It doesn't add up at all.

"What's got your brow clenched this time?" Oliver jabs at me playfully.

"Stupid Red League. They send the absolutely worst-qualified men to kidnap me every time and they get slaughtered. I'm kind of tired of it. Are they stupid?"

"They're not stupid. I would guess their resources are spread a little bit thin. I've been hearing all kinds of things on my mics from The Cities about rebellion brewing yet again. But this time," he looks me dead in the eye, "I hear they're being led by a handful of half angels."

Gulping, I persuade him with my eyes to continue.

"My guess is, they're using their more important resources to target them, and their remaining go to you. Although, it seems that now you know of their existence... thanks to me. Aya, I'm not going to dissuade you from doing so, but knowing you, I know you may want to join them. I, personally, do not think it's the most wise choice. However, it is an honorable one."

I stand abruptly from my seated position. "It is a right, and honorable thing to do. Finally put this country to peace? Yes, that is a nice thought. But are those in the rebellion strong enough?"

"They are at least strong enough to give the Red League concern. They may be stronger with one more kick-ass half angel..." he smirks, "and the weapons forged from the greatest inventor of the country."

"So our team is back in order?"

"It will be in order until the Red League is painted with their own blood, or we, and the people loyal to us, die."

***
AN:
Hey there, I know I keep saying updates are going to be regular and I really am trying. It's been very hard fulfilling that due to school. Thankfully, school will be out in two weeks from today for me and I will be able to at least update regularly. I would really like to make it up to the few loyal readers that I have and update double over the summer but I can't guarantee that, as I will still have work.

Thank you for your patience,
Willow