Chapter 2 - Very late!

Start from the beginning

Bhulaa denaa mujhe
Hai alvidaa tujhe
Tujhe jeenaa hai mere binaa
Safar ye hai tera, ye raastaa teraa
Tujhe jeenaa hai mere binaa

Forget me,
It's a goodbye to you..
You've to live without me..
This is your journey, this is your path..
You've to live without me..

"Khushi I.."

"Khushi kya? I'm sorry.. I did a mistake.. I want to get back with you again.. Give me another chance? Do you think I'm a machine like you who doesn't have heart (she poked his chest angrily) and only thinks with brain (she pointed to her brain)? But unfortunately for you, I'm not a machine! I loved you a lot, you were my life and my everything.. but you always took me for granted.. there's always a limit for everything Arnav, and you crossed that limit with me.. Don't say sorry to me Arnav.. Just don't.. you know a sorry isn't enough for the damage you've done in my life!" she walked backwards with tears in her eyes, then ran downstairs.

Arnav fell on knees crying burying face on his palms.

"You want shome?" someone patted his shoulder.

He looked up and saw the little cute chubby girl with a plate of jalebis in her hand.

He nodded sideways, cupping her chubby cheeks, he said in a hoarse voice: I can't..

"You can... hmm.. thish ish.. sugal flee jalebis.. Amma ne banaya mele liye (Amma made this for me)" Aashi replied still timid and scared of Arnav. He's still new for her and although she knows he's her father, still she never met him and there's a strange awkwardness in meeting your own father after years of not interacting with him at all.

"You've diabetes?" Arnav asked frowning.

Aashi gulped knowing she blurted out something she shouldn't.

"Tell me.. do you have diabetes? How come you've diabetes at such young age if neither Khushi nor NK has?" he asked.

"Mujhe nahin patha (I don't know)" she pouted innocently.

"Okay.. and how do you know I've diabetes without me saying it? I didn't even said to you why I can't eat jalebis and you already replied that they were sugar-free jalebis and I can eat it.. That means you already knew that I've diabetes!" he smirked trying to catch at least this bubbly innocent little baby, otherwise her brother is way too smart for his age.

"Yeh joh aapki lapid file English hain no mujhe samajh main nahin aata! (I don't understand you rapid fire English)" saying this Aashi stuffed a jalebi on his mouth and went from there running, "Bach gayi (I escaped)" she sighed in relief on the way.

"Why do I feel a heart connection with you both?" Arnav thought confused.

****************************************************************************

NK's room:

"Daddy utho na (Daddy wake up)" Avish shook a sleepy NK on his bed.

"Daddy we ale getting late fol school!" Avish shouted again.

"Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Avish screamed on his ear but of no use. NK was sleeping like a stone!

Khushi came in the room giggling and shook her head, "NK bhi na.. he never changes.."

"Dad.."

"Wait Avi.. I will wake him up!" Khushi said.

"How?" Avish asked. Little Aashi also came in the room.

Khushi sat on the bed with mischievous smile and started tickling NK along with Aashi who joined her mother giggling.

Avish smiled and started tickling NK's feet.

NK started laughing on his sleep, trying to move away and shove their hands with pillow, "Stop it.. haha.. Just stop.. hahaha.. guys!"

Khushi, Avish and Aashi laughed and started tickling him more till he sat on the bed laughing hard, "Stop it guys!!!"

"See this is how you wake him up!" Khushi said raising her imaginary collar proudly.

NK yawned, "Kya yaar? I was having such a good sleep.. you guys spoiled it!"

"Daddy we ale getting late fol school... Again!" Avish said horrified. How much he hates to reach late!

"Don't wolly Avi.. Daddy will dlive his cal in full shpeed and we will leach in jusht five minutesh!" Aashi said showing her five fingers to her brother, she stood on the bed and hugged NK from behind, wrapping her arms around NK's neck: Hain na Daddy?!

"Absolutely right Princess!" NK patted her cheek smiling and placed a loud kiss on her cheek making her giggle.

NK then grabbed Khushi and started tickling her as revenge. The whole room filled her laughter sounds.

A person watched this through the door, smiling with tears in his eyes.

"You never gave happiness to her Chote.." Anjali stood beside him watching the happy family in the room.

"Hmm.." Arnav nodded his head guiltily.

"I wish I could go back in past and change everything I did.. I wish I loved and trusted Khushi more than you.. more than my family.. I wish I gave this woman the love she deserves.." Arnav said letting those tears escape from his eyes.

"It's late now.." Anjali whispered with moist eyes.

"Very late.." Arnav whispered in broken tone too and went from there.

"Chote where are you going?" Anjali asked worried.

****************************************************************

NK's room:

"Avi and Aashi go downstairs and wait for Daddy.. I will come in just two minutes.." NK said.

Both nodded obediently and went downstairs.

"What happened Khushi? Why is your mood off?" NK asked wiping the corner of her eye which was still moist indicating that she was crying.

"You know when we came to know that Arnav is coming back home after six years, we all thought he's just coming back to visit his family and he would go back after that.. then we decided to act like a couple and lie to him that Aashi and Avish are our kids.. because I thought he still hates me and would hate our kids too.. he wouldn't want to be father for Avish and Aashi.. I feared that he would hurt Aashi and Avish and I wouldn't bear to see my kids hurt this time like I was always hurt by him.. So for the time he was here we would keep this secret from him.." Khushi said.

"Yeah?" NK listened to her patiently.

"But the truth is that Arnav isn't here to visit his family.. he's here because he wants to ask forgiveness from me.. he truly repents for abandoning me on our marriage day.." Khushi said and NK looked at her shocked to know that Arnav came back after years to get her forgiveness.

"What do you want to do? Forgive him?" NK asked in a mocking tone.

"No.. Although I still consider him as my husband, I have learned how to live without him NK.. and I won't be able to forgive him that soon also.." Khushi shook her head, "I was just thinking if it's right to hide the truth about the kids from him.. Doesn't he have any right to know that Avish and Aashi are his children?"

"He doesn't even right to call Avish and Aashi as his kids Khushi.. No one becomes father from one day to other! What does he even know about Avish and Aashi? Was he here when kids were small babies? When kids spoke their first words? When kids needed to play? Was he here when Avish and Aashi asked for their father? No right!" NK said angrily and went towards the bathroom closing the door with a loud bang causing Khushi to shut her eyes tightly.

Where did Arnav go???? What is he going to do???