Chapter 1

"Age ain't nothing but a number, throwing down ain't nothing but a thing..."

Y/N POV

I sprint my way in to the halls of the edifice. I was late, once again.

I just moved in with my girlfriend, Chantel, in downtown LA. There was an apartment that we could afford there but it's far from my work.

That's the reason why I'm late.

I have been working for a year at UCLA as a ethnomusicology teacher. I have a really strong passion for music.

I've had this passion since I was a little girl. My mom took me to a music festival and she told me that I enjoyed it so much that I threw a huge temper when we left.

I graduated college when I was eighteen, majoring aeronautical engineering. I have a lot of free time as an engineer so I decided to teach at one of the greatest colleges in LA.

I'm a workaholic. I love to work. When I was in high school I would always ask my teachers for extra work.

I'm twenty years old and my family say that I shouldn't be working this hard but I refuse to sit home, all day, doing nothing.

"Sorry, Guys!" I said breathily as I entered the classroom. " There was a lot of traffic but let's speed this up. Open page 61 and read the first paragraph."

Billie POV
20 minutes earlier

I laughed at the girl, that was sitting on my lap, who was arguing with one of her minions.

It was a pretty stupid argument about the bag that her minion didn't want to take.

"Ugh, you know what? Why don't you fuck off and get out of my sight." Stassie, the girl that was on my lap, said. Her minion quickly stood up and went to another seat.

Stassie turned to me and said. "Sorry about that, baby."

I chuckled and said. "It's okay." and she kissed me.

No. Me and Stassie aren't dating, we're just fuck buddies.

I'm not really into being in a relationship with someone. I just think I'm to young to be in a committed relationship.

And I definitely don't want to get heartbroken.

I watch as Stassie pretends to read the music book, noting that she's reading the book upside down.

Honestly, I don't know how she came to college. We have known each other since high school and for what I know she's pretty... stupid.

But I mean, she comes from a rich family so I guess her parents probably paid someone to put her in here.

I've always wanted to go to college because I thought it could help me in my singing career and I noticed that there's so much things in music that I don't know.

I want to take my singing career seriously and surprise people with my talent. My brother, Finneas, mainly forced me to go but I told him that if it's shitty then I would only stay here for a year.