Chapter19: Face The Music

"Sophia, what's going on?" Levi asked for the umpteenth time and still Sophia wasn't replying but at least this time the tears had dried from her eyes and all that was left now were the dried streaks of mascara highly pigmented with regret and the sore puffy redness of her outlined fear and guilt.

In flashbacks, the scene in the hotel lobby flooded her consciousness.

The night she'd met Bellamine at the Hilton hotel couldn't be taken back.

She remembered the guilt mirrored in the racer's eyes even as he teased her and she mocked him-coping mechanisms to their betrayal.  A flash of NastyJ's eyes flashed before her eyes and she whimpered...loudly too. Hands over her guilty eyes-It killed her.

She had hurt him and worse of it her phone had notifications that proved that he had been publicly humiliated in a diss by one of his old-time rivals in women and music alike for her indecency. She wanted him back...but now....with everything?

"Sophia how can I help?" out of her trance, she heard Levi's voice ask, her throat clogged up. How was she going to tell him?  It was also a possibility she was going to be fired.  She cowered at the thought of going back to manage athletes who were in forever need of validation and shit. It was now or worse though.

"I slept with him." she creaked.

"And that's bad?" Levi asked, dripping in fragile innocence

She lifted her head "I slept with Bellamine."

Silence ensued.

"Before you met him, it was the night NastyJ and I had broken up again. I was really messed up about it; Bellz had his own issues with his parents probably about his little brother as always, he didn't say but he really looked out of it. We drank, drank so much...and woke up in a pile of sheets, naked filled with denial, regret." she clarified and paused waiting for a reaction.

Levi's voice came out little, troubled and sad "it's ok; you don't owe me an explanation. He's not my...Uhm ...he's not my boyfriend." He hastily got up and ran a hand through his hair, bit his bottom lip checking for an excuse "I got to go I have ...a thing to do. Good luck with your ex."

"Levi?"

He stopped and turned with trepidation.

"I'm sorry."

"For what he's not my boyfriend" his words were betrayed by the hurt that clotted his voice and aura.

"I should've told you I'm sorr..."

Levi dismissed the rest of her apology walking out "its fine, I swear."

***

The two best friends had parted ways. Bellamine avoided staying in the same room with his parents and facing their interrogation by taking his brother 'on a stroll'....to his room, where he had immediately slumped himself on the bed.

His eyes were closed with a flat palm resting on his forehead.

Talon studied his older brother in silence.

Bellamine's body seemed suddenly so gaunt that he appeared to have lost pounds in only a matter of minutes from the stress attacking his psyche. His hair had gone untidy from all the running through his hands had done and his skin showed its pale as though he was in dehydration. Talon studied the room and saw a small fridge then went to it.

"Here," he hovered the bottle over Bellamine's face not wanting to say much or provoke in case he was chased out.  He honestly didn't know his brother and from the hospitality he had received from him ever since he had joined the family and the deed he'd done to his best friend he imagined himself being so insignificant in Bellamine's life so little that he could be squashed with as much emotion as a cockroach would be afforded.

He quivered when Bellamine's eyes shot open with a sharp, dark, glimmering gaze, they followed the water bottle and much to his surprise and relief he heard Bellamine thank him then received the bottle. Talon tried to hide his smile.

Something in Talon's smile made him feel warm, forgiven, loved and cherished. The racer's heart tugged as he lifted the contents of the bottle to his mouth.

The image of Levi's face lingered in his head with the need to get his best friend back taking force.

As if sensing his brother's concern he lifted his eyes to him and in a composed tone but with a look in his eyes that pleaded for understanding that Talon fully captured he said: "I know you probably think this, but I don't hate you."

Talon smiled bashfully "I know."

The racer gave a nod and slumped back on the bed. He knew Talon didn't know but he'd been kind enough to lie to spare his feelings.

His eyes stung, with a full understanding of his parents now. Talon was tenfold the better son. Nothing like him at all.

"Out of curiosity are you back together with Dev?" Talon asked of the actress, he'd met her once and she'd seemed nice enough and he was just plain old curious about his older brother's life.

"No, we're definitely not. Why, are you into her now?" Bellamine asked his brother with a playful taunt.

"Nah, still gay." he smiled "and the guy in the pictures?"

"So far out of my league and with what I did? tsk, I probably fucked up any chances I had with him." Bellamine said then he lifted himself by his elbows then warned with a warming brotherly tone that fell on Talon's ears like music "Don't do the shit I did ok?"

"Ok, I swear I will not do the shit you did." Talon mimicked his brother's deep voice before he settled into his own "trust me I can do all bad by myself."

"What do you mean?" Bellamine asked and Talon told him about Avery.

"Shit!" Bellamine nodded his head "We definitely were cut from the same cloth."

Their gazes met and their smiles transformed into laughs.

There was sadness in the laughs.

But there was joy too.

***

When they parted ways NastyJ wasn't looking to avoid his best friend but he only needed space to listen to the diss track. He'd come down into town, relying on his best friend for accommodation.

The only other person he knew and was close enough to impose on besides his girlfr.....ex girlfriend was his best friend's ex-girlfriend Develigne. Which is how he'd found himself pacing back and forth the room as Develigne and him gnawed on their nails an iPhone sitting between them.

With the diss track playing...it commenced with a beat from one of his old songs that had scooped the Grammy's and billboards in the previous year. After the beat came the diss lyrics; touching on his family, his girlfriend cheating with the best friend and fake streets persona.

It really was a telling diss rap.

A/N1: When I last updated we were all young, vibrant and very into Famous. Hopefully, I still have your focus. I meant to edit this out but I've been swamped lately with work, furthering my education, nurturing a relationship and most importantly I'm currently writing two...yes two bxb/mxm books meant to be published here on wattpad in 2020 so those books are pretty much killing me because damn. No worries though updates may be slow but I promise Famous will be completed by 31 December 2019.

A/N2: Please don't forget to vote, comment add the book to your libraries so you don't miss out on updates and to also check out my other books.