Ch2: Meeting

Hey, Rex here with chapter three. Congrats for anyone who noticed my lil Shikamaru reference on the last chapter. Btw, no uniforms here

-----------------------------------------------------------------

A man is seen walking through a dead forest. He looked to be somewhere betweeb 16 and 17 years old. He had short-ish, untamed jet black hair and was wearing a red t-shirt, a pair of old, worn out jean, and black sneakers. He was listening to the music on his phone while munching on a large chunk of meat. He, unfortunately, was heading to school. A school for monsters. Yes, you guessed it, this average looking teen was a monster. What kind of monster is a trade secret though, he doesn't want anyone to make a big deal of it. The song that he was listening to, although human, was quite good, enough so that he went from humming it, to singing it.

"My secred side I keep,

Hid under lock and key.

I keep it caged but I can't control it.

Cause if I let it out,

It'll tear me up, break me down.

Why won't somebody come amd save me from this, make it end...."

While he sang, he did not notice the girl coming in on a crash course until it was to late. Next thing he knew he had his hands on the griund, stopping him from face planting, or kissing, as there was a girl laying under him. She was a pretty girl, he'll admit that. Light brown eyes and chestnut hair that was long enough to reach the middle of her back, a smooth, sunkissed skin.

"Oh, sorry bout that, my fault," he said while helping her up.

"No no, its my bad, I wasn't looking," she responded, holding up a map.

It took him a minute to put two and two together, "Oh, your first year?"

"Hehe, yeah."

"Yeah, figures, I got lost last year too, come on, I'll take you there."

"Oh, uh, thanks."

He smiled and started walking, with her in tow.

"So, what's your name?"

"Elizabeth, but everyone just calls me Liz. Yours?

"Name's Rex."

"Cool name."

"Thanks. So, since this is your first year, let me give you some pointers. Number 1: Never stick out too much. Staying under the radar will keep you safe, especially from the Black Coats. Which brings me to Number 2: Stay away from the Black Coats."

"Black Coats?"

"Public Safety Committee to be exact. They're this group of people made to "keep the school safe," but they let the power get to their heads and now they basically rule over the school with an iron fist. By now the only one with more authority than them is the headmaster himself."

"Great, and here I thought school couldn't get more troublesome."

Rex laughed, "Don't worry, just stay low and you should be fine. And if they do cause you trouble, seek me out."

"Seek you out? Why would I seek you out for dealing with people like them?"

He stops walking, and Liz realized they had made it to the front of a large school building.

"Let's just say, they wouldn't want to mess with me." He started walking away and after a second called to her, "I gotta get to class, so if you need helo getting around, look for a wich named Ruby, she'll help you out."

"Oh, ok. Thank you!"

.

.

.

"Wich?"