✄ 13 ✄

Sunset Boulevard, 1981

(Gwen's point of view)

Have you ever been invited to a sleepover where no one wanted you for your presence, but just so they could have something to talk about? Like they just invited you because being a fool came natural to you?

That was the exact feeling I felt while Nikki and I were coming out of my apartment. All the stares were directed to us along with their mouths moving and letting whispers fall out. What was such a big deal?

Even when I hesitated to get on his motorcycle again, I felt everyone's eyes on me. I didn't like how they would look at me, so I got on the back of the bike in all hopes that he takes off as soon as possible.

Once he took off, I held on for my life. He continued to dangerously weave his way through Los Angeles traffic and green traffic lights as if he was on a mission. Like last night, I would only wrap my arms around his waist if I felt like I was about to fall off, which was very often.

When we stopped it was at a gas station. It wasn't to get fuel for his bike since he was parking near the curb in front of the store. He and I dismounted his bike, went in the store, and started through the isles of food and drinks.

"Get what ya like. I'm buyin'." He told me, making a beeline for a case of beer that was kept in the back.

I looked around and nothing seem to excite me except for one thing; strawberry pop tarts. I know the food is for breakfast only but I would eat these all the time if I could.

When Nikki came back with a six pack of beer, he found me in one of the isles looking at a front page cover of a magazine out of boredom. I saw his figure in the corner of my eye, making me turn my head. I saw him grinning at me while a few laughs left from his lips.

"Pop tarts? Seriously?" He raised his eyebrows at me, questionably, noticing the box I had in my hand.

"What? It's my comfort food." I shrugged, nonchalantly. "And you said to get what I like." I scolded at him.

He continued to hold his grin as he stared at every structure of my small, boring face.
"I did, didn't I." He muttered, licking his lips.

He rolled his emerald eyes and shook his head slightly in disbelief. "When I said you were something last night, I meant it."

"You're fuckin' strange." He tells me with a big grin that was very contagious.

"And you're an asshole." I remarked and held my head up. "Now we're both something."