Chapter 43: Not So Friendly

Start from the beginning

The mob although I tried to talk them down were still planning and preparing to kill me. I would run, but the witches could stop me. I had to convince them.

"If you kill me now, everything Trollhella fought and died for would be for nothing! There's a vampire who as we speak is planning the end of the world as we know it. He is gathering people to fight, witches and vampires. I can stop him, if you just give me the chance." I pleaded.

It was quiet for awhile as if debating whether I would live or die. After a view minutes the witches relaxed and Nathaniel stepped forward.

"If you don't stop this vampire, we will kill you." He warned.

He was an amazing example of what losing someone could do to a person. You never fully understand what it's like until it happens to you.

"Okay, but can I have a few witches to come with me and help?"

They huddled back together for a few minutes then Nathaniel responded. "We will turn the humans into slayers, but that's it. You have to the rest."

"Thank you." I nodded to him.

"Don't thank us yet, you still have to stop the vampire." He replied.

They brought Nate, Rider and Harper into a building and put them in chairs just like Trollhella did for me. It was quite the interesting experience watching it from the outside. It looks so much scarier.

It was a whole new experience when the blood came along. As a vampire I had never felt the urge for slayer blood, but smelling it now, fresh, it was like a whole new world was waiting for me if I could just have one taste...

"Marie! Snap out of it!" I told myself when I realized I was inching closer to the three humans being turned into slayers.

I stepped outside for a little to get a hold of myself. Dante had some strength being able to resist my blood during the time when I was the one being spelled. The urge for the blood is so great no wonder not many slayers have lasted more than a couple years.

"It's done." Nathaniel called to me.

I thanked the witches again before we left and met Dante and Tigger back at the jet. Luckily for us the side effects didn't kick in on the walk.

"So where are we going to find other witches?" I asked Dante a little stressed.

"Marie relax we still have 25 days till we need to return." He told me.

"Where are they going to stay so Lucifer doesn't find them?" I asked.

"Marie they can stay at my house, it's okay." He says, his deep eyes looking deep into mine.

How can I have any worries when I am getting this look?

*Ring *Ring

"Hello." I said answering my phone.

"Marie? Lucifer just called he's going to be back in six days! Get back here!" Hunter ordered before hanging up.

All this talk about having so much time and now we have six days before Lucifer returns.

"That was Hunter, Lucifer is coming back in six days." I explained.

"WHAT?!"

"How can we find more witches and train the slayers when we have to be back in six days?!" I yelled at Dante.

"Marie not trying to stress you out, but Lucifer is always early, he likes to catch people off guard."

"How are we going to pull this off?" I asked defeated.

It took months for me to train, and I had two vampires to help me. We didn't even think about where we are going to keep these new slayers without Lucifer finding them. This is just a lot to handle, even for me.

"Marie, calm down." Dante told me.

I was so stressed that I was hyperventilating.

"Look Marie, the new slayers can stay at my place and train where you trained."

"But they have no one to train them." I exasperated.

"Marie, Dante spoke very softly and put his hand on my shaking knee. "Tigger can help them train. Christopher can go find other vampires and witches." Dante's words stopped my worrying and calmed my shaking body.

For the first time I no longer was sad, Dante not only calmed my body, but also repaired my heart. It was as if I was born again. The sadness gone and hope resurfaced. Who knew a single moment could change so much.

"So Marie isn't training us?" Harper asked concerned.

"Don't worry I'm sure Tigger is highly qualified to train you guys." I assured them.

"Are you?" Nate asked.

"You guys want to see if I'm qualified, how about I fight Marie when this plane lands?" He suggested.

"That sounds great! What do you think Maire?" Rider asked.

"I think Tigger better be prepared because not only am I a slayer, but a vampire too."

Dante smiled and for the first time he looked different. He smile looked brighter and his dark eyes sparkled. It's different than the way I see everyone else.

An hour passed and we were back in Washington. Everyone eagerly got off awaiting the fight ahead.

"So Marie, you ready?" Tigger questioned.

"Oh yeah." I nodded

We both got in fighting position and I made the first move. Tigger dodged my punch and when I went to kick him he caught my leg and flipped me onto my back. It was a lot like this for the rest of the short fight.

"Wow, I'm impressed. Not even evil Dante could take me." I said amazed.

"Hey!" Dante shouted offended.

"Sorry he has skill." I announced.

"Wow that was awesome!" Rider shouted.

I'm both sad and glad TIgger is such a good fighter. On one hand the new slayers have an amazing trainer. That also means I'm not as invincible as I thought I was. Even as a vampire, vampire slayer I can still be defeated.

"So how are we getting back to Oregon?" Nate asked.

"Well the vampire we are going to be fighting is expecting Marie and I to be at the house we've been staying in. You guys will ride to my house with Tigger." Dante explained.

"Wait does that mean we won't be able to talk to Marie?" Harper asked.

"Just text Dante and I will reply as soon as I can." I instructed. "But don't worry you have Tigger."

We all piled into our separate cars and started driving. It was really quiet which gave me a lot of time to think. How many other vampires are stronger than me? I'm suppose to save the world. How can I do that if other vampires are stronger?

"What are you thinking about?"

"Huh?" I asked snapping out of my thoughts.

"What's running through that pretty little head of yours?"

"Um... It's just weird Tigger could fight me so easily." I said.

"Ah... Makes sense now." He said nodding. "Marie, Tigger was spelled to be able to fight bad vampires, kinda like you. He just has more experienced than you."

"Oh makes sense. Are there a lot of vampires as strong as Tigger?"

"I only know of one other." Dante said looking at me.

Dante always knows what to say to make me feel better. Wait a sec... did he just call me pretty? I looked and smiled. Is it possible that Dante likes me?