Chapter 38: Battle lines

"Hunter, you cool with taking the first sleep watch?" Dante asked.

"Yeah." He nodded.

"Sleep watch?" I repeated confused.

"Well Lipgloss, I can't exactly leave you unattended. I learned that more times than I can count." Dante answered.

The next morning I woke up to the amazing smell of...eggs? Who would cook eggs if they're not planning on eating them? I got up and opened the door to see Marc cooking eggs and bacon.

"Morning." He said to me.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Well, since we're the only ones that eat, I thought I would make us breakfast." He shrugged.

The only problem I had with this, is that this is exactly what I did to feed Marc the herbs. I don't trust him. This is probably him making sure I don't become a problem today. I don't care what they want, but I'm making sure that Seth is okay.

"No thanks, I'm not hungry." I told him.

"Ha, you think you have a choice, that's funny." He laughed.

We sat down across from each other at the round kitchen table. We both had plates covered in eggs and whatever else Marc put in them.

"What's this going to do to me? Make me weak? Immune to spells? What?" I asked, the curiosity killing me.

"Just eat it and find out." Marc ordered.

"Just promise me one thing... this won't kill me."

"Look, first of all if I was going to kill you I would make it was more enjoyable. Second, Dante wants to drag out your end through you being a vampire. He plans on keeping you alive till he gets sick of you." Marc told me.

"Good to know?"

The problem is, if my plan falls through, Seth will die and I will be stuck with this Dante until he gets bored of me. How long would that take? No! Shake that out of your head Marie. The plan has to work.

"Are you going to eat today Lipgloss?" Marc asked.

I eventually ate. It may make me weak, but this plan is on Trollhella not me.

"Hey love, how's your morning?" Dante said entering the room.

"Ugh, I can not wait for you to be back in your body." I said disgusted.

"Hey, you think it's kicked in yet?" Dante asked Marc.

"Only one way to find out." Marc shrugged.

This must be about whatever was in those eggs. I wonder how bad this is doing to be. Will I temporarily lose my mind? They always seem to surprise me.

"Lipgloss come have a seat on the couch." Dante insisted before grabbing my arm and dragging me over there.

Well I least I know it's not obedience. That's a relief.

"Tell us your plan." Marc demanded.

"What?"

"Com'on Lipgloss, we both know you wouldn't come here without a plan." Dante said.

"What's your plan?!" Marc repeated.

Like I was really just going to tell them my plan. How dumb do they think I am. Then all of the sudden...

"Trollhella and Nicholas are tracking me with this chip, and are planning on coming here to give Dante his humanity back after Dante's in his own body."