Chapter 19: No Plan

Start from the beginning

I continued forward and came to a patch of open field where an old cabin stood. I moved stealthily past it and through a few lines of trees.

"You're it!" One of the kids said as they ran around the field.

These kids weren't much younger than I am. One looks as if he is eight, and another looks like they could be the same age as me. They were running around, playing , being normal kids until one person walked through the patch off trees. Once the kids noticed they all went running. Only the little eight year old remained.

"Hey kid! Don't you know that when I show up you're suppose to run?" He asked walking up to the young boy.

"Yeah." Another guy agreed as him and his friend walked into the clearing.

The first guy had brown hair with blonde highlights. The other two boys looked like twins. They both had very defined muscles and had short black hair.

"I'm sorry." the little boy yelped in fear.

"Nope too late." the brown haired leader said.

The other two guys grabbed him and I decided now was probably the best time to cut in.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I said running toward them.

"Who are you?" The leader asks.

"They call me Lipgloss."

The twins laugh hysterically. So hard that they let the little boy go and he ran as fast as his little legs could carry him.

"Hey that was my dinner and you let it go." the leader screamed. "Wait! Did you say Lipgloss?"he said turning to the his sidekicks.

They attempted to grab me by my arms, but I easily escaped. Then I stood a safe distance away ready to attack if necessary.

"You're the one Dante's looking for...interesting." The leader said before retreating, the other two not far behind.

"How'd you do that?" the little boy asked as he ran back out from the trees.

"I'm tough." I shrugged.

"Wow..." he said in awe.

The three guys shortly returned causing the little boy to go back into hiding.

"What?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Well since you stepped into the magical barrier that is unbreakable and can't escape, I thought you wouldn't mind meeting someone who is just dying to meet you." he said.

Before I could move one of the twins threw me over there shoulder and brought me to the log cabin.

"Dad meet Lipgloss." The leader said as the twin put me down.

I shot a quick death glare at the twin before turning to the leaders dad; a guy with spiky hedgehog like hair with frosted tips. His fangs being exposed through his small smirk.

"Ah, Lipgloss you're quite the wanted girl. I expected you to dress a little different."

"Trust me, this isn't my first choice."

"Rave, why don't you get our guest a drink." He told the leader.

Rave left and came back several moments later with a blue liquid. He handed me the glass and upon further inspection, I realized this was the blue potion the lady warned me about.

"No thanks, I'm good."

"Please I insist." Rave smirked.

"You know this has been fun, but I'm going to head out." I said

"I don't think you're familiar with this place, there's no escape once you are in. The spell keeps anyone who enters here."

"Then I guess I'll just have to kill the vampires on the land. Oh and I did know. I'll find a cure for that potion you've been trying to give me. No one makes me a slave."

I walked out of the room with no obstacles and went to go find the little boy and the rest of the humans. It took me a while, but in due time I found another cabin that looks abandoned. To my surprise when I entered I found about 40 humans.

"There! That's the girl that saved me!"

I scoped the room until I saw the little boy. When I spotted him everyone ran till they were just a foot away from me.

"How'd you get away?" A lady in her early 40's, who looked like she hasn't ate in weeks asked.

"I fought them off." I said nonchalantly.

"They're vampires, you can't just fight them off." She said.

"Look you have to understand that I don't eat humans and I'm here to help. I'm a vampire vampire-slayer."

The people backed off frightened until the little boy spoke. "She saved me. She must be good."

"So what's the plan?" the boy asked as everyone walked back up to me.

"What?" I asked confused.

"The plan? You do have a plan, right?" the boy asked.

"Oh yeah of course, what person would come in to a place like this without a plan?"

"She doesn't have a plan." the older lady announced.

They got me. I didn't have a plan. I didn't know what to do. If they catch me they could force that potion down my throat. As I continued to think about the situation I realized with my life there are no coincidences. Dante asked me to come to Missouri and there just so happens to be a place vampires rule over humans instead of hiding in the darkness. He's expecting them to feed me the potion and make his job easier.

"I might not have a plan, but I'll make one."

"We'll help." The little boy said and all the other people backed up. Upon noticing this the boy speaks louder. "Aren't you tired of hiding and fighting to survive? I am, and she can help."

"Okay, what can we do?" the lady asked.