8.

(Song of the chapter: Sunday Morning- The Velvet Underground)

I roll over in bed, in new sheets that I haven't felt before, squinting my eyes. I sit up slowly, trying to adjust to my surroundings before suddenly realising that I'm in Katya's room. I look around trying to see her but she's nowhere to be seen. Abruptly, Katya opens the door, she's holding a cup of coffee and is dressed down in tracksuit bottoms with no trace of makeup on her skin. She starts when she sees I'm awake, then smiles. "I see you're awake" she smiles. Instinctively I grab her covers to try to cover some of my body, "I'm so sorry" I stammer. She laughs, throwing her head back, "you don't need to worry, you apologised about a thousand times last night." It suddenly dawns on me that I'm sat in her bed, and my eyes open in shock, I look at her and blurt out "oh my God, did we-", she cuts me off, laughing, "no, don't worry, you practically passed out as soon as you got here." I sigh, relieved. Looking down I realise I've been changed out of my dress and into Katya's clothes: an oversized band t-shirt that on me was snug and hugged my body and a pair of shorts, that on my larger frame were nearer to pants than shorts. "Oh yeah," Katya stammered, noticing me looking at my new clothes, "I changed you out of your clothes, I didn't look though." I blush thinking of Katya undressing me and her hands over my body. She invites me into the kitchen for breakfast and I nod, "that would be nice."

I walk down-stairs to the kitchen and stand awkwardly pulling the shorts down to try and cover my exposed legs. I can't help but notice Katya glancing over and scanning my body. Eventually she gets together some cereal and we eat quietly together, I make sure to text Josh to tell him to make up an excuse for why I'm not there, but he replies saying that mum and dad have, to my relief, already left.

"I can drop you off at your house after breakfast" Katya looks over to me and I nod, "that would be good, thanks." She looks down at my knee and notices the graze and looks at me quizzically, "I fell down when I was climbing out my window", I explain. She tuts at me "bad girl" sending butterflies through my stomach and tingles through my skin.

After breakfast we head back to her bedroom and I gather my possessions. Now in her room sober I have more of an opportunity to look around. I observe the paintings that adorn her room; brilliant oranges, rich purples and glowing yellows that contrast the dark interior of her room. "These are amazing" I breathe "did you paint these?" Katya blushes, "yeah, I find it therapeutic almost, like when it all gets a bit too much, I find it easier to just sit down and paint, you know, instead of punching someone." I look closer and I can see in many of the swirling images the pain and suffering which are caught in between the layers of paint. I nod, "I write poetry" I tell her, surprised I'm revealing something so intimate to basically a stranger, but something about her makes me want to open up to her. She smiles, "I'd like to read some sometime", looking up at her I whisper "maybe."

Katya drives me back home and drops me off at my house, miming blowing me a kiss again. I walk back to my house my head feeling messy, but my chest feeling warm.