Chapter 2 The Run In

"Ms. Morningstar please report to the office" a voice over the speakers said. Peppermint smile as she walked down the long, bright, silent hallway to the office. She walked up to the secretary "Hello Mr. Kimily" she spoke in a soft voice. "Ms. Morningstar" he greeted. He buzzed her in. Peppermint slowly walked to the principal's office. "Mrs. Kim" she said. "Ms. Morningstar, please sit" Mrs. Kim said, she obeyed "Ms. Morningstar, Ms. Pharis came in her with 15 broken bones, a black eyes and a bloody nose-" "You forgot about the 3 broken ribs and the leg popped out of its socket" Pepper added " Yes, this is the seventh time this month'' "Week" "Week that students have been severely injured by you. We have no choice but to call your father'' she said. "If you must" She smiled. She sat as she spoke to her father "Mr. Morningstar, your daughter is out of control, I need you to come in" she said. Silence. "Yes, I understand." Longer silence. "Thank you" then she hung up the phone. They sat in silence until Lucifer walked in "Pepper babe, who did you kill now" he said "I didn't kill anyone daddy. Just put seven in the hospital" Pepper replied "Only seven. You've done worse. Can we go now Mrs. Kim" Lucifer said "U-Um... Sure" Mrs. Kim stammered. She stood up and walked over to her father "You are suspended for two weeks" added Mrs. Kim. Lucifer and Pepper laughed as they walked to his car. Pepper jumped in and pulled out her phone. Lucifer got in and started the car he quickly pulled out. "You are going to have to help Maze babysit Trixie" he said "Why, isn't Maze capable of that after all she is the one who Demonsat me" Pepper replied. "She is fully capable but I have to help the Detective with a murder" Lucifer said "Can't I help you know I am an amazing tracker and I can figure out if people are lying quicker then you" Pepper said. She set down her phone and turned to her father. "Daddy, please. I'll be good... well i'll behave to your expectations" Pepper begged. Her fiery eyes glittering. "Pepper-" he started. Pepper said in a seductive and innocent voice as she bit her lip "Daddy pleeeeeease. Daddy i'll behave" "Ugg, fine" Lucifer finally sighed. "Thank you daddy" Pepper hugged Lucifer then layed down using his lap as a pillow as she looked at Pinterest on her phone.

About an hour later Lucifer pulled into the Detective's driveway. Pepper and Lucifer quickly walked to the door. Pepper knocked. Maze opened the door "Hey Pepper, Lucifer" she moved to let us in. "Detective" said Lucifer "Lucif- who is this" she cut off "I'm Peppermint Morningstar, Lucifer's daughter. You can call me Robin though" Pepper said. "Lucifer, you have a daughter!?" exclaimed the Detective. "Surprised, Detective" Lucifer said. "Yes" the Detective replied. "She is coming with us by the way" Lucifer added "I promise to be an angel" Pepper said. Maze laughed at this. "Fine" the Detective said. Then she led us to her car. Pepper sat in the back. As she pulled out of the driveway Pepper asked "Is your name actually Detective?" The Detective looked at Lucifer before replying "No that is just what your father calls me. It is actually Chloe Decker" "CD" Pepper laughed "Your initials are CD, that's what I'm gonna call you. CD or Chloe D" Pepper said. Chloe sighed "You're definitely are Lucifer's daughter." Thank you" Pepper said. "Daddy can you turn on the radio please" Pepper asked. "Course babe" Lucifer replied and turned on the radio. "This is a good song" Lucifer said as her saw the look on his daughter's face. "It's bad enough you gave me a hooker name, but for the love of Grandfather please don't put me through this pain" complained Pepper "She's right this song is bad" Chloe said. "Haha, the girls outnumber you" laughed Pepper. Chloe changed the station and the song 'Someday' by Milo Manheim and Meg Donnelly. "No, Pep you know I hate this song" Lucifer complained "And you know I hate most of the songs you like, also CD and I outrule you. She owns the car and I am me so ha'' Pepper said. "Fine for now" Lucifer groaned. "Does that actually work?" Chloe asked "For me yes it does" Pepper replied. It was silent for the rest of the ride when we got to the scene, Pepper raced out off the car the explore.

She recognized, from her father's descriptions, one of the people. She walked up to him "Is your last name really Douche or is that just what Lucifer calls you?" she asked. The man turned around, she didn't recognize him at first but it all came back. "Robin!?!?" he exclaimed quietly "Dan?" Pepper asked. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "I... um..." before Pepper could reply Lucifer walked up. "Detective Douche, I see you have met my Peppermint" he said as he put his arm around Pepper "Your Peppermint?" asked Dan. "Lucifer is my father, and my name is Peppermint Robin Morningstar. And no I am not a hooker despite my name" Pepper said as she searched Dan's eyes for a reaction. "Sometimes I go by Robin so people don't think i'm a hooker or striper" she added. "Lucifer why did you bring your.... daughter?'' Dan asked "She got suspended for two weeks she I thought I should let her help" Lucifer replied. "You are punishing her by having her hang out around the police?" Dan asked "No this is her reward" Lucifer smiled. Chloe walked up and said "Dan we are here to work not judge Lucifer's parenting skills" "Or Maze's" added Pepper "She helped raise me" "Everything makes sense now" Dan said. "So it seems like a normal suicide, but I saw this...did I walk into something" a girl said as she walked up. Pepper was searching Dan's eyes for a reaction, Dan was glaring at Lucifer, Lucifer was staring at Chloe and Chloe was switching from Pepper to Dan to Lucifer. "Of course not Ella. Dan was just judging Lucifer's parenting skills" Chloe said. Pepper escaped Lucifer's grasped as she walked over to Ella. "Hi, I'm Peppermint Morningstar, but call me Robin" Pepper said sweetly "I'm Ella Lopez, nice to meet you Robin" Ella said then gave Pepper a long hug. "Lopez no need to suffocate Lucifer's daughter" Dan said. Ella finally let go "Lucifer you have a daughter!" she exclaimed "Yes for 16 years now" Pepper replied. "Sixteen. You are sixteen!" Dan exclaimed "Er, yes. Anyway Ella, I am here to help today so what did you find" Pepper said. "What?" Ella asked "Er, you said you found something to prove it wasn't a suicide" Pepper said. "Oh ya.''