Chapter 3

I waited for Daddy and Pops, they were taking forever, it was already getting dark. I yawned then walked to the office, opening the door, rubbing my eyes. I wrapped my arms around the neck of whoever picked me up, it wasn't Pops or Daddy. I opened my eyes and saw we were going away from the office. I looked at the face and it was Uncle Bruce, I yawned and laid my head back down.
He said" Your uncle Tony, he made a room just for you, it's really colorful and it has a space ceiling." He put me down on a bed, I cuddled into the blanket," Hey, here's Bolt. Your daddy and pops will come get you in a bit, okay?" I nodded sleepily, taking Bolt into my arms, falling asleep," Sweet dreams, cutie."

I woke up to someone shaking my shoulder, I whined and pushed the hand away.
I heard Daddy say" Hey, sweetheart, wake up, come on, we need to talk, sweetie." I yawned, rubbing my eyes, and sitting up," Hey, uh, we gotta talk, and it's not a good one."
Pops said" Uh, do you remember our friend, T'challa, from Wakanda?" I nodded," Well, uh, you're gonna go stay with him and his sister for a while, okay?"
I asked" Why?"
" Because... uh, me and daddy have to go on a mission."
" Okay."
" You gotta go tonight, T'challa and Shuri are here to pick you up, okay?"
" Now?"
" Yeah, now, doll."
" Okay, Pops." I get off the bed, and they walk me outside, to a ship, I see T'challa and Shuri waiting. I run to them, tackling T'challa, Shuri laughed at him. I giggle as T'challa smiled at me, then stood up, putting me down next to him.
" Be good, doll, okay? We'll be there as soon as we can."
" Are you off to save the world?"

Steve's POV
Delilah asked" Are you off to save the world?" Bucky and I looked at each other then to her, We crouched down to her level.
I said" Yeah, we are." We gotta save Our world, our little girl, our little angel." We're gonna see you really soon, okay?"
" Okay, daddy." She hugged us, her arms tightening around us, I smiled and kissed her cheek. I knew Bucky kissed her cheek too, she let go of us, sighing. I looked at Shuri, nodding, she smiled and nodded,
Shuri said" Come on, little wolf, let's see if we can find snacks."
" Yay! Foods!"
" I want her." Delilah took Shuri's hand and they ran onto the ship, I looked at T'challa.
He said" We will keep her safe inside our home, Captain."
Bucky said" Is someone gonna have an eye on her? She's sneaky, she'll sneak off."
" Shuri and I are personally watching her, her room is across from mine, she will be watched by us, she will be safe." I nodded, then I heard Shuri and Delilah scream, then laugh,
" Good luck."
" I'll need it." He walked back onto the ship, I looked at Bucky, he sighed then watched the ship take off.
I said" I can't believe we just did that."
He said" Yeah... I don't know how long I'll be able to last without her."
" We won't be able to last long."
" Think she'll be okay?"
" Yeah, she's a pretty adjustable kid, I mean.. her fathers are super soldiers." He looked at me, smirking," She'll be fine."
" Saying that for me or you?"
" Both of us."
" She'll be okay, Stevie... she's braver than she looks."
" Yeah, I know."

Delilah's POV
I was being carried by T'challa, I closed my eyes again, falling asleep again.

It's been a week, I've talked to Daddy and Pops a few times, but I think I'm starting to know what's going on. I walked to T'challa,
I asked" Who's Hydra?"
T'challa asked" Who?"
" Who's Hydra... I heard Uncle Tony say it on the phone."
" I do not know who Hydra is, Delilah, I am sorry." I nodded," What would you like to do today?"
" When can I go home? Are daddy and pops back from their mission?"
" No, they are not... soon, you'll be able to go home." I nodded, looking down, I missed home, I wanted to go home... it's been forever! I don't even remember what my room looks like! I wanna go home!
I was playing in my room, bored like crazy! There's nothing to do here! I'm bored! I called Aunt Nat, she answered and smiled at me.
I said" Are you back from the mission yet?"
She said" Soon, huh? Really soon, I promise."
" But I miss home! And I miss Daddy! And I miss Pops! I wanna come home! I wanna come home!" I looked at her, crying,
" Oh, no, no, cutie, don't cry, no... don't cry, uh... uh... Steve!" I saw Daddy, he looked at me,
He said" No, no, no. Don't cry, sweetie No, don't cry. I know, I know."
I cried" I wanna come home! I wanna come home! I miss you and pops! I miss home!"
" Oh, geez. Don't do this to me! Come on, sweetheart, don't cry, don't cry, it's okay, it's okay. You'll come home super soon."
" Home now!" I cried, then sniffled loudly," Home now! I want you and pops! I want you and pops!"
" I know, I know... I know you do, and once we get back, we'll come and get you, and then I'm never letting you go, sweetheart."
" Home now!" I looked at the background," You're home! That's Uncle Tony's mirror!"
" Just listen..."
" Meanie!" I hung up, then ran to my bed, I cuddled into the blanket and Bolt, crying loudly.

Steve's POV
My girl cried" Home now!" My heart was breaking," You're home! That's Uncle Tony's mirror!" I slightly turned my head and saw Tony's mirror, Delilah scribbled a little face on it when she was 5.
I said" Just listen..."
" Meanie!" Then she hung up, I put my head in my hands, crying instantly, I think I just lost her trust... we've told her everything, and she's never called me a meanie before. Nat laid her hand on my shoulder, then she let go and was replaced by Bucky's hand.
He asked" What happened?"
I said" She found out, Delilah knows we're lying to her."
" What? How?"
" She saw Tony's mirror... we shouldn't have lied to her, Buck, she's always had trust in us... she's probably crying her little eyes out."
" We have to go get her! She needs to know why!"
" Buck..."
" We can't keep lying to her, Steve! She's just a kid... she'll be fine."
" But she's in danger! If.. they get ahold of her, what'll happen then? She could be experimented on.. or worse! What if she dies?!"
" I-I don't know, but I can't lie to her... she's, she's my world."
" She's my world too, Bucky, and we are going to tell her. Once it's safe for her to come home and be with us."
" We don't know how she'll react to being lied to, we've never lied to her before. What if she tries to run away? Or what if she.." I kissed him, he calmed down,
" She's our daughter, Buck, do you really think she'll run away?"
" We don't know."
" We do, because she's our daughter, if anything, she'll ignore us for a week or so. Then she'll listen to what we've got to say, she'll understand us."
" Okay." I sighed, hoping I was right, we don't know how she'll react to being lied to...