V - In The Name Of Love

Todoroki's POV

I sat in my dorm room, staring at the note and laptop which lay in front of me. It had been a week since Y/N left. The police gave them to me saying that I'd want to see it. Did I though? Did I want to be reminded of the venomous thorns I planted in her lungs? I took a deep breath and shakily reached for the note. Beneath it was a sticky note with 'Password: ToSho' carefully written on it. I let out a dry laugh as I read it. I then slowly opened the note. My eyes widened and I could feel the tears I had been crying for the past week come back again.

'Dear Sho,

If you're reading this, then that either means I ran out of time or I took the surgery. Either way, I probably didn't even get a chance to say goodbye. Please don't think I wrote this to break the two of you apart. I simply can't take it anymore. I can no longer breathe and words barely leave my tongue. Maybe it's for the best. If I tried telling you this in person, I might die in front of you. Maybe you'd leave her and come to me out of pity. Maybe you'd stay by my side. Maybe. Just maybe. But both of you mean too much. Instead, I'm writing this for when I've already left. Will it be easier for you to forget me? If I could sing to you one last time, in person, I'd make you forget about me. It's a shame my quirk doesn't work through recordings.'

I stopped reading for a second to take a few shaky breaths. After about a minute, I continued to read.

'Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Time left me,
As did you.

Yet with time, the roses grew,
And with them, my love for you.
You made my heart sing with every word,
But in the end, my love was never heard.

Perhaps in the end, it wasn't meant to be,
The love I saved for the chance of you and me.
My vision has faded, my eyes now dull,
Unable to speak, with both lungs full.

I write my final words, without a certain melody.
Perhaps to avoid speaking them to you breathlessly.
Was it wishful thinking? Did you ever care?
Because the moment you found her, it was as if I was never there.'

My body shook as sobs raked through me. My eyes widened as I heard a soft knock on the door. I slowly rose from my desk and walked towards the door, ignoring the trembling in my legs. A part of me hoped that she would be there. That she would be standing there; waiting with open arms and her bright smile, but I knew that wasn't the reality. I opened the door and stared at the visitor with dull eyes.

"Hey, you alright?" asked Kirishima. He had been checking on me frequently along with Bakugou. They were the only other two who knew the true cause of Y/N's death. We asked the doctors to keep it a secret. Instead, the Yaoyorozu family was told that she was attacked in the middle of the night.
"Yeah." I replied.
"Shit... Don't look at us with those eyes." said Bakugou. I looked at him in confusion. "Those were the same eyes she had whenever we tried talking to her."
"Oh..." I muttered. "Anyways, I'm fine." I said.
"That's what she said. We trusted her, and look what happened!" exclaimed Kirishima.
"Don't even think of pulling some Romeo and Juliet shit on us." growled Bakugou. I sighed as I walked into my room, not bothering to shut the door. I collapsed onto my seat and looked towards the laptop.

"Want to see what she left behind?" I asked, giving them a broken smile. Kirishima was the first to step in. I began by handing him the letter. He read through it with teary eyes, and the moment he got to the poem, he burst into tears.
"What is it, shitty hair?" asked Bakugou. Kirishima handed the letter to him with a shaky hand. Bakugou read over it. His eyes growing wider as he neared the end. He threw the letter at me before shouting out profanities.
"Fuck!" he yelled. "We should've done something! Hell, we should've tied her up and dragged her to the fucking hospital!"
"Bakugou, calm down..." muttered Kirishima as he wiped away his own tears.
"Why do you two care so much anyways?" I asked, my voice tired.
"She's not the only person who had hanahaki." said Kirishima. "Bakugou did too." My eyes widened as I stared at him.
"Shit... she had the same fucking reaction!" he yelled, balling his fists.
"Anyways..." I said, clearing my throat. "Since you guys were close to her as well, do you want to see whatever she left in her laptop?" I asked. Bakugou did a quick nod as he turned to me.

I flipped open the screen and typed in the password. My eyes widened as I saw the background. It was a picture of us she took a while ago during lunch. At the time, she was making fun of me, saying my best friend was soba. I focused on her bright smile. The way she always seemed to brighten the room.
I took a deep breath as I blinked back tears. At the center of the screen was an audio file. I double clicked it thinking it was a message, but my eyes widened as music filled the room.

-♪♫♪-

If I told you this was only gonna hurt
If I warned you that the fire's gonna burn
Would you walk in?
Would you let me do it first?
Do it all in the name of love

Would you let me lead you even when you're blind?
In the darkness, in the middle of the night
In the silence, when there's no one by your side
Would you call in the name of love?

In the name of love, name of love

If I told you we could bathe in all the lights
Would you rise up, come and meet me in the sky?
Would you trust me when you're jumping from the heights?
Would you fall in the name of love?

When there's madness, when there's poison in your head
When the sadness leaves you broken in your bed
I will hold you in the depths of your despair
And it's all in the name of love

In the name of love, name of love
In the name of

I wanna testify
Scream in the holy light
You bring me back to life
And it's all in the name of love

I wanna testify
Scream in the holy light
You bring me back to life
And it's all in the name of love

-♪♫♪-

"Why..." muttered Bakugou. "It wasn't worth it. You weren't worth it." he said before stomping out of the room with Kirishima chasing after him.

"Y/N..." I muttered to myself in the new-found silence. "Can you hear me? Ha... I'm probably going insane. I remember you used to always listen to this song... Was it your favorite..? I remember you always sang along whenever it played on the radio.... I miss you... Would you be mad if I... joined you?"